OZ Minerals is one the largest ASX listed mining companies that produces some of the world’s highest grade copper concentrates. We own and operate the high quality copper-gold mine Prominent Hill in South Australia where we are combining open cut mining experience with the development of the Ankata project, a high grade resource and new underground mine development at Prominent Hill. Our Carrapateena project, also in South Australia is the largest undeveloped copper deposit in Australia.
OZ Minerals has a strong balance sheet, a team of highly skilled mining industry professionals and a commitment to Respect, Integrity, Action and Results. For more information on OZ Minerals please visit www.ozminerals.com
Lifestyle and the freedom to live it.
Prominent Hill operates an 8/6 roster commuting from Adelaide, Port Augusta and Melbourne. Understanding the importance of work/life balance, our friendly village offers quality meals, modern rooms with ensuite and Austar and excellent sporting, social and recreational facilities.
Support and the friends to provide it.
As an experienced Safety & Health professional, reporting to the Senior S&H Advisor, you will contribute to the implementation of OZ Minerals’ Safety and Health policies and procedures across site, fostering a culture of best practice in safety and health within the organisation for OZ Minerals staff and its contracting partners.
You will focus on safe mining and processing operations across the site by working closely with all contractors, undertaking inspections, risk assessments, incident investigations, auditing activities and system development as part of OZ Minerals’ risk management strategy.
Opportunity and the chance to take it.
These roles require values based individuals with skills and personal attributes including:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health & Safety coupled with minimum of 2 years hands on experience in a similar level role
- Sound understanding and application of Risk Management methodology and facilitation
- Substantial skill in performing incident investigations, identification and implementation of corrective and preventative controls
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills with proven ability to mentor contractors in safety related matters
- Demonstrated ability to analyse safety needs and develop practical solutions to eliminate workplace hazards
- Sound knowledge of Federal & State legislation in relation to Health & Safety is essential
- Excellent report writing skills with strong attention to detail and data integrity
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to develop strong working relationships across all areas of the business