Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
795866 Job Summary
Senior Mine Planning Engineer
Employer Job Id:
July 24, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 23, 2012
Senior Mine Planning Engineer
About our Client
- A fantastic opportunity for someone looking to step up into a senior engineering
- Influence a dynamic and growing company at the NRW flagship coal operation
NRW is proud to be one of the leading civil and mining contractors in the Australian resources and infrastructure sectors. NRW's business is built on their people; their combined passion supports their underlying commitment to be Australia's contractor of choice.
In recent years NRW has significantly expanded its service offerings and now has extensive capability in earthmoving, concrete, contract mining, and drill & blast across a range of commodities throughout Western Australia, the Northern Territory, Queensland and South Australia as well as Simandou in Guinea (West Africa).
The Middlemount Coal project is the first mining contract awarded to NRW in Queensland. The project is also NRW's first contact in the coal mining industry. The five year mining contract is for all mining activities including; clear & grubbing, long and short term detailed mine scheduling & planning, drilling & blasting including design, load & haul of overburden.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager the Senior Mine Planning Engineer will be responsible for supporting their manager and junior engineering team at the NRW Middlemount operation. This is a key role within the team and will be a good opportunity for the successful candidate to gain exposure to mine engineering at a management level. Specifically you will be:
The Successful Applicant
- Responsible for short / medium and long term planning using the software Vulcan.
- Involved with the implementation of mine plans.
- Liaising with the client, sub contractors and operators to optimise mine production.
- Ensuring production, budgetary and safety targets are achieved.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
What's on Offer
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent degree.
- At least 3 - 5 years experience in open cut coal mining.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Proven history in mine planning.
- Previous experience working in a Greenfield operation.
- Influence a dynamic and growing company that places high levels of emphasis on career development.
- A great family friendly roster; 9/5 or 8/6 FIFO from major east coast locations or DIDO from Mackay/Rockhampton.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Genuine step up for a mining engineer looking to progress their career.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List