Proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers by Queen’s School of Business!
Awarded the Certificate of Recognition in Health and Safety by Alberta Human Resources and Employment for the past 8 years.
The Company’s Overview and Mission
Terracon Geotechnique is an independent, Canadian consulting firm, wholly owned by its management staff. Established in 1978, the firm diversified and reorganized under the name Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. in 1983. The firm primarily serves the mining industry and the Athabasca Oils Sands region from its administrative office in Calgary and office, soils and concrete laboratory in Fort McMurray.
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is committed to achieving peerless safety and environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability and environmentally friendly operations.
Terracon is currently seeking a Fleet Coordinator
Role: To assist the Operational Support Coordinator in daily activates relating to the company’s fleet operations and building operations.
- Change out trucks from work sites as necessary
- Outfit vehicles for the field
- Inventory and maintaining list of spare parts as well as restock at predetermined benchmarks
- Ensure all vehicles are picked up and dropped off at their appropriate destinations in a timely fashion
- Use safe and defensive driving methods at all times while working
- Complete occasional errands
- Schedule maintenance appointments for fleet.
- Troubleshoot fleet malfunctions
- Cleaning fleet exterior and interior when needed
- Wash and clean fleet vehicles if needed
- Assist in daily operations of building maintenance
- Assist Operational Support Coordinator
- Site and office based environment
- Driving on mine roads
- Rotation of on-call evenings and weekends
- Working outdoors
- Valid driver’s license
- Schedule is Monday to Friday with expectations of working over and above (evenings and weekends)
- Basic knowledge of automobile mechanics
- Excellent driving habits and driving record
- Knowledge of Fort McMurray oil sands
- Exceptional communication and time management skills
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Authorized to work in Canada
- Fully graduated drivers license
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Job Code: Skill level C (1-4 years Post Secondary education)
Why Work for Terracon Geotechnique?
When you enter the team of Terracon Geotechnique you are part of a safe, respectful, fun and supporting group. Terracon is committed to the safety of all its’ employees, and liaisons. Terracon values its’ employees, that is why we make every effort to reward them with competitive compensation and benefits. Dependent upon the location and job accepted, Terracon offers financial relocation assistance and temporary housing.
The City of Fort McMurray
Why relocate to Fort McMurray? Fort McMurray (in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo) offers an ample amount of opportunities within the oil sands field. Fort McMurray offers outdoor amenities, leadership programs and community support. Fort McMurray has the beautiful Athabasca River and boreal forest. Fort McMurray is located 400km northeast of Edmonton.