Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
796174 Job Summary
Open Pit / Quarry Foreman/Supervisor
Employer Job Id:
July 24, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 25, 2012
Open Pit / Quarry Foreman/Supervisor
Top mining company that owns and operates open pit diamond mining operations in South Africa requires an experienced Open Pit / Quarry Foreman/Supervisor to join their expanding team in the Northern Cape (Douglas). The alluvial diamond mining operations are amongst South Africa’s largest in the Northern Cape.
Qualification & Experience
- Relevant Degree or National Diploma
- Min 5 years exp in a similar Open Pit / Quarry Operation position
- Min 5 years exp as a Production Supervisor
- Min 5 years exp and working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety( OHSACT,Mining Operation)
- Computer literate, MS Word, MS Excel & MS Projects
- Bilingual Eng & Afr
- Valid license
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Planning Skills
- Organizing Skills
- Coordinating Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Written and verbal communication and comprehension Skills
- Data Analysis Skills
- Document administration Skills
- Effective Time Management Skills
The successful candidate should posses the following attributes:
- Analytical ability
- Driven & Motivated
- High energy
- Professional maturity
- Strong personality
- Performance orientated
- Must have technical knowledge and understanding
- Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure
- This position has the core responsibility to oversee and supervise the open pit mining operations to meet or exceed planned mine production in a safe and efficient manner.
- The role will initially focus on organizing the readiness of the mine production teams including training, team development, roster and schedule development, and site deployment of personnel to initiate mine production.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day open pit mining operations, including the daily coordination of the activities of the crews. Maintain overall control of the open pit mine operations.
- Maintain compliance with corporate, governmental and site environmental and safety
- policies, procedures, and regulations. Create awareness of unsafe and/or environmentally harmful behavior
- Develop and manage safety-based and performance based staff. Ensure that direct reports understand their work and their roles.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with department heads, engineers, shift supervisors, direct reports, trainers, safety and environmental personnel, mine services, etc.
- Set priorities, and execute the safe and efficient deployment of personnel and equipment in a truck-shovel and truck-loader mining operation. Production activities will include mining and stockpiling of ore; coordination of waste haul, pit dewatering.
- Achieve or exceed production targets for ore and waste
- Coordinate production needs with planned maintenance activities with the mine maintenance department to ensure the long-term availability of the fleet.
- Review performance data, and develop and implement changes necessary to enhance safety, improve productivity, and lower production costs.
- Look for opportunities to improve employee safety and awareness. Review and communicate risk management situations. Lead by example
- Ensure that safety incidents are thoroughly investigated, notification procedures and protocols are followed, and recommendations implemented. Take corrective action where necessary to address non-compliance.
- Identify, encourage, and manage training requirements / opportunities for the employees and direct reports. Work closely with the training, safety, and environmental departments to ensure that training requirements are being met.
- Provide effective feedback to direct reports and other assigned personnel on performance and expectations, on a consistent and on-going basis.
- Conduct probationary and scheduled evaluation reviews in a fair and honest manner, outlining areas for improvement and strengths.
- Resolve and /or assist direct reports in resolving disputes, mitigating concerns, and other employee issues in a timely manner; or submit them to senior management for action.
- Provide direction for employees to grow and develop while motivating them to reach their maximum potential. Encourage employees to be fully engaged and understand how to contribute to the overall success.
- Make recommendations in relation to measuring and improving production methods, employee and equipment performance / efficiency, working conditions, and the quality of the work produced.
- Assist the Mine Superintendent in the supervision / oversight of the open pit mine, and act as manager in his absence, as directed.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List