Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
796573 Job Summary
Proposal Manager - Group 4
Employer Job Id:
September 18, 2012
Granite Construction Company, Inc
November 18, 2012
Proposal Manager - Group 4
- This position is responsible for supervising & coordinating Granite’s proposal preparation personnel and process to ensure winning proposals (RFQ, SOQ, Technical Proposals, etc)
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Supervise & Coordinate the overall preparation of proposals as assigned to ensure all deadlines are met and the proposal package is complete
- Develop, implement, and train personnel in a systematic approach to proposal preparation that is applicable to all of Granite that will result in winning proposals.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of information databases (resumes, images, etc) to facilitate proposal preparation
- Coordinate the overall proposal process as required on sponsored projects in conjunction with the Pursuit Manager to ensure timely delivery of a winning document that fully complies with the client’s formal & informal requirements
- Support the overall proposal process on non-sponsored projects as requested to ensure that Granite fulfills its obligations for the proposal in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Assist in the preparation of material and presenters for client presentations
- Participate in client debriefings on both successful and unsuccessful pursuits & distribute lessons learned to improve Granite’s proposal process, systems and product.
- Lead the preparation of award applications as assigned to ensure that Granite is presented in the best manner possible
- Coordinate the creation of presentation materials for any meetings with the client that may be part of the proposal process to ensure that that Granite is presented in the best manner possible.
- Assist in the preparation of presenters for any meetings with the client that may be part of the proposal process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Similar Field preferred
- Seven (7) years prior professional experience in technical writing & proposal preparation required.
- Prior experience in coordinating and/or supervising proposal personnel required
- Prior experience in construction or engineering proposal preparation desirable
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage personnel who are not direct reports through influence
- Superior technical writing skills
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well independently or in a team environment
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in an unfamiliar environment
- Must be flexible to changing needs and assignments and able to adjust to last-minute requests to ensure responsiveness to needs of proposal.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for extended periods of time
- Travel required
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List