- Great opportunity to join a leading Australian base metals mining operation
- Salary Circa $150,000 plus subsidised housing plus medical insurance
- Dynamic work environment Interview NOW!!
We are seeking an experienced Environmental Superintendent to lead the Environmental Department for a leading Australian base metals mining and exploration company base in Northern Central NSW, this challenging role will provide you an excellent opportunity to develop your career.
Reporting to the Facilities/Engineering Manager, this residential role requires a self-motivated and proactive individual to work closely with the team to facilitate the development and implementation of environmental strategies and work to maintain and restore the conditions of the local environment.
- Implement and maintain the Environmental Management System
- Develop and implement site rehabilitation plans through the analysis and evaluation of redundant areas of mine lease
- Manage and monitor emissions, vibrations and bi-products resulting from the production process to ensure compliance to environmental standards
- Provide technical leadership on environmental matters and compliance to quality standards and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated minimum five years of Environmental management experience within Australian Mining industry.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Environmental Management/Science)
- Ability to manage and lead others in a team environmental
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Thorough understanding of Environmental legislation and policies
Well appointed rural mining town located in South West NSW. The town boasts a thriving community that consists of mining, rural and artistic components, offers a wide variety of family friendly facilities, great indoor and outdoor sporting facilities. Choices of lower and upper schools, regular air services with daily flights to Sydney and Adelaide.
In return you will be rewarded with a highly competitive package which will include a base salary commensurate to experience, superannuation, medical insurance (for single of family), subsidised housings with relocation paid.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.