- Exceptional Salary $220K plus super, plus bonus
- Career Satisfaction - Brisbane Based Role
- Similar role in the Coal Mining Industry
As the Principal Geotechnical Engineer your role will be to support the Australian Mining projects in order to minimise geotechnical risk and improve operating and financial effectiveness.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Organising site investigations, engineering geology and geotechnical work related to opencut coal mining.
- Conducting geotechnical inspections, data collection and interpretation.
- Recording, reporting and modelling of geotechnical data.
- Planning and implementing strategies to ensure the continued safe mining
- Geotechnical and geological hazard identifications and development of hazard plans
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Geology with a Masters or higher an advantage
- Experience applying geotechnical solutions in a mining environment (Coal).
- 8+ years experience in a similar geotechnical role.
- A strong commitment to identifying and implementing safety initiatives.
- Experience of working within O/C and U/G environment.
- High analytical skills.
- Strongly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
In return of your skills and experience you will be offered a competitive remuneration, long term incentive benefits and the opportunity to work for one of Australia largest Contract companies.
Please Note: Your CV will be treated with strict confidence and will never be forwarded on without your express permission.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.