Proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers by Queen’s School of Business!
Awarded the Certificate of Recognition in Health and Safety by Alberta Human Resources and Employment for the past 12 years.
The Company’s Overview and Mission
Terracon Geotechnique is an independent, Canadian consulting firm, wholly owned by its management staff. Established in 1978, the firm diversified and reorganized under the name Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. in 1983. The firm primarily serves the mining industry and the Athabasca Oils Sands region from its administrative office in Calgary and office, soils and concrete laboratory in Fort McMurray.
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is committed to achieving peerless safety and environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability and environmentally friendly operations.
Terracon is currently seeking candidates for a Safety Advisor.
Safety Advisor Role
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is an industry recognized innovative organization providing Earth Science and Geotechnical services. We are currently seeking highly motivated and well organized individuals to join our dynamic team as a Health, Safety and Environment Field Advisors for our Fort McMurray location. If you enjoy providing guidance to a highly trained technical audience, mentoring and endorsing advanced HS&E programs in a fast paced and challenging yet rewarding role, this is the job for you. HS&E skills training will be offered to the successful candidates.
The work schedule is Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 4:00pm. Occasional evenings and weekends on-call is required.
- Conduct regular safety site inspections to ensure employees are following safety protocol
- Identify safety hazards and solve and prevent safety incidences.
- Carry out FLRA (Field Level Risk Assessments) with employees
- Ensure all safety policies and necessary contact information is communicated to the employees and posted in the appropriate locations on work sites.
- Attend regular monthly safety meetings, and communicate back to supervisors and managers.
- Ensure work-site specific safety protocols are followed and communicated to employees
- Complete incident investigations when necessary
- Display and lead by example, Terracon Geotechniques’ safety leadership
- Responsible for preparing and presenting monthly safety meetings with employees, during safety week.
- Field and office based environment
- Driving on mine roads
- Rotational schedule of being on-call
- Working outdoors
- Valid driver’s license
- Up to 5 years’ experience in a safety role
- Four-year degree from a recognized university, either domestic or foreign. It is preferred that the degree reflect risk management,
- loss control and/or OH&S subjects or Science/Engineering but other bonafide degree holders are encouraged to apply if they meet
- other criteria
- The candidate must demonstrate a clear interest in HS&E as a career path, as well as common field skills by having a personal/experience
- record of field activities such as having been employed on construction or resource development sites. The applicant may have held temporary safety
- and community related positions such as life guard, ski patroller, fire warden, crossing guard, Boy Scout or Girl Guide, 4H, non-profit volunteer,
- animal support group worker, etc. Applicants must also verify maturity and provide evidence of their commitment to making HS&E a long term
- specialized career objective
- Experience in the oil sands
- NCSO Certification
- Pursuing CRSP designation is an asset
- Flexible and strong team playing skills
- Creative thinking
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Job Code: Major Group
Why Work for Terracon Geotechnique?
When you enter the team of Terracon Geotechnique you are part of a safe, respectful, fun and supporting group. Terracon is committed to the safety of all its’ employees, and liaisons. Terracon values its’ employees, that is why we make every effort to reward them with competitive compensation and benefits. Dependent upon the location and job accepted, Terracon offers financial relocation assistance and temporary housing.
The City of Fort McMurray
Why relocate to Fort McMurray? Fort McMurray offers an ample amount of opportunities within their oil sands field. Fort McMurray offers beautiful outdoor amenities, leadership and support. We have the Athabasca River which offers plenty of adventure for outdoor activities.
Fort McMurray is located 400km northeast of Edmonton, in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo