TERRACON GEOTECHNIQUE LTD.
Engineers, Geologists and Technologists
Proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers by Queen’s School of Business!
Awarded the Certificate of Recognition in Health and Safety by Alberta Human Resources and Employment for the past 12 years.
The Company’s Overview and Mission
Terracon Geotechnique is an independent, employee owned Canadian engineering and geoscience consulting firm. Established in 1978, the firm primarily serves the mining industry and the Athabasca Oils Sands region from its offices in Calgary and Fort McMurray.
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is committed to achieving peerless safety and environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability and environmentally friendly operations.
Terracon is currently seeking candidates for a Junior Accountant position based in Calgary
Junior Accountant Role
Utilize your prior experience and entrepreneurial spirit to play a meaningful and rewarding role in the growth and development of the finance team and the company. This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop skills in a number of different areas, and based on performance, will provide future opportunity to take on greater responsibilities within the company.
- Accounts Receivable– preparing and processing invoices with accuracy and consistency (30%).
- Accounts Payable – coding and entering invoices and preparing cheque requisitions (50%).
- Filing, timesheet data entry and administrative duties such as reception, reports typing and all other administrative work as workload permits (20%).
- Actively engaged in continuous improvement of our internal cycles and collaborating with other staff to develop solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities
- Creative problem solver
- Attention to detail and quality
- Prior work experience
- Experience with Accpac or similar software
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Office based environment
- The schedule is expected to be Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Consistent typing and sitting
- Full, valid driver’s license
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Why work for Terracon Geotechnique Ltd.
When you join the Terracon team, you are part of a safe, respectful, fun and supportive group. Terracon is committed to the safety of all its’ employees and colleagues. Terracon values its’ employees and we make every effort to reward them with challenging opportunities and competitive compensation