Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
796777 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
MB and ON
July 26, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 25, 2012
Cancade Company Limited is a multi-dimensional manufacturing company, offering advanced welding and component development in addition to our award winning line-up of truck bodies, trailers and agricultural, and construction equipment. We manufacture Truck Bodies, Trailers, Large Round Bale Self Loading and Unloading Transportation Systems, Hoists, Silos, Portable Loading Ramps and Unloading Augers and Conveyors for Truck Bodies and Trailers for the agricultural, commercial, municipal, construction, oil field, and mining sectors.
Cancade is growing and ready to open a brand new facility located at Highway 270 & Highway 1 (5 minutes outside Brandon, MB). We are hiring Welders, Mechanics and combination positions. We also have positions available at 1651 12th St, Brandon, MB and our Hamiota, MB location on Highway 21 North.
The Welder/Mechanic works as a part of a team that assembles finished goods such as truck bodies, trailers (end dump, scissornecks, stepdecks), floats, jeeps, and boosters. The role requires the efficient use of mig welders, plasma and oxy acetylene torches, angle grinders, plasma cutter, hand tools, power tools and drills in order to assemble the final product.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Safety is at the forefront when operating equipment and use of safe work habits while performing job tasks.
- Effectively weld components in flat, vertical, horizontal or overhead positions.
- Work within company's quality assurance program by ensuring that welds are up to company standards.
- Actively watch for faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisor.
- Routinely use mig welders, plasma cutter, oxy acetylene torches, power tools and mag or post drills to assemble various components together.
- Regularly work with steel, aluminum and occasionally, stainless steel.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measures work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Receive work orders on a daily basis that requires one to read, interpret and gather the required materials needed for assembly.
- Read and understand Installation Manuals when fitting the truck or trailer with hydraulics', air and 12 volt electrical systems and controls.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work station.
- Working knowledge and comprehension of process flow is critical; along with recognizing time constraints and working within specified deadlines.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Read work order documents and take simple drawings and create your "own" blueprint.
Physical / Environmental / Position Specific Requirements:
- Position may require occasional overtime.
- Ability to safely and regularly lift 50 lbs.
- Physical requirements - standing most of the day on cement; work underneath trucks or overhead.
- One to two years experience in a heavy duty frame alteration shop or working in a factory is an asset but can train.
- One to two years with farming, agricultural, gravel or oil field (maintenance) background is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of basic truck and trailer structure - hydraulic, air and electrical controls is an asset.
- Able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Motor Vehicle (Highway Tractors) Safety Certificate considered an asset.
- Cancade is looking for qualified employees, apprenticeships and placements. We offer financial support to those looking to grow their skills and gain applicable certifications.
We are currently hiring for three locations:
- 1651 12th St, Brandon, MB
- Highway 270 & Highway 1 (5 minutes outside Brandon, MB)
- Highway 21 N, Hamiota, MB
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List