Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
796947 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 25, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 23, 2012
- At[Company] , our goal is to be the best company in the world! [Company] is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry.[Company] serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Alcoa's businesses as a single solution to customers.
- This position reports directly to the blind bolts manager in Torrance.
- Manage the day to day operations. Manages, directs and coordinates plant operations. Ensures achievement of company objectives by delegating authority to key supervisors in production, production control, methods, cost accounting, maintenance and other related operations.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Implements Company policies such as attendance; over-time; safety; environmental; etc. and directs the application of such policies to the product group’s operation.
- Manages teams by establishing monthly and quarterly performance goals, allocating resources, assessing annual performance, and determining individual merit, incentive and/or promotional increases in support of company goals.
- Manages planning function to ensure smooth flow of product through manufacturing cells and delivers customer product on time.
- Maintains conformance to budgetary limitations in all departments.
- Coordinates with procurement all manufacturing activities, such as outside processing to eliminate delays, in order to meet or exceed production and shipping schedules.
- Oversees and ensures proper maintenance of plant and production facilities, including preventative maintenance program.
- Oversees the maintenance of equipment, procurement of tools and other jigs and fixtures.
- Provides training to other employees on job process, procedures and functions.
- Demonstrate continual focus on improvements and enhancements.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Work in safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Comply with all EHS rules and regulations and supervisory instructions.
- Report all incidents including injuries, spills, fires, property damage and near misses to their Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a Management-related field required.
- Previous experience in supervisory responsibilities is required.
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple and diverse work assignments with minimal direction and supervision.
- Good computer skills using Microsoft applications or equivalent.
- QAD experience.
- A high Mathematical aptitude
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List