Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
796982 Job Summary
Coolant System Process Engineer
Employer Job Id:
July 25, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 23, 2012
Coolant System Process Engineer
- The Coolant System Process Engineer is a high level and specialized technical role filled by candidates that have experience and success as a manufacturing engineer. The Coolant System Process Engineer utilizes engineering methodology, process management and other technical expertise to manage the mill coolant systems in the Hot Mill and Continuous Cold Mill Departments.
The responsibilities of the Coolant System Process Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic direction for mill coolant system equipment selection, repair and operation
- Provide strategic direction for mill coolant system chemistry processes and coolant handling
- Lead and document major coolant process and equipment changes
- Provide technical support and training to department resources operating mill coolant systems
- Maintain a tactical familiarity with the day-to-day operation of the coolant systems in order to identify and respond to process shifts
- Monitor and React to Chemistry Testing Procedures and Results
- Potential to supervise and direct oil house attendants in the Rolling areas
- Maintaining contact with [Company] Technical Community and subject matter experts for coolant processes (ATC, Other Plants, COE and Vendors) to ensure appropriate technology is applied and [Company] Technology and Standard Practices are utilized
- Develop, deploy and maintain Product, Process and Incoming Material Control Plans for the coolant systems
- Establish, monitor and maintain coolant system PL inventory levels
- Review and approve all expenditures for products and consumables used in the coolant processes and assist in forecasting spending and budget development
- Identify opportunities to reduce the operating and maintenance cost of the coolant systems and document these opportunities as DI’s
- Support coolant system VPM, TPM, DM and Quality processes
- Function as Process Manager for appropriate coolant system processes
- Provide support for A3 problem solving for coolant system process, equipment and quality issues
- Identify safety and environmental issues associated with the materials and equipment used in the coolant processes. Propose solutions to eliminate these hazards and support the implementation of these solutions as appropriate
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or Related Degree or Experience.
- 3 years’ experience with manufacturing processes and principles
- 3 years’ experience in product and process failure analysis and an understanding of world class manufacturing techniques such as lean manufacturing, JIT, SPC, TQM, etc.
- Understanding of basic chemistry principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Statistical Techniques
- 5 years’ experience leading engineering processes and projects within a manufacturing environment.
- Collaborative approach working with upstream suppliers and downstream customers.
- Experience with rolling operations.
- Experience with mill coolant systems, coolant handling and coolant filtration
- Process management experience
- Understanding of mill coolant chemistry principles
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List