Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
796987 Job Summary
Electrical Engineer, Power Systems
Employer Job Id:
July 9, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 9, 2013
Electrical Engineer, Power Systems
- [Company] is looking for an Electrical Engineer for the Wenatchee Works smelter in Malaga, Washington. [Company] Wenatchee Works opened in 1952. Wenatchee Works is a primary aluminum smelter located eleven miles south of the city of Wenatchee, Chelan County, Washington. The plant itself covers 100 acres adjacent to the Columbia River. Wenatchee Works is part of [Company] business unit, a world leader in Smelting and Casting of aluminum.
- The Power Systems Engineer will provide expertise in the plant on high voltage power systems and the rectifier station. The incumbent to this position functions to support the facility in providing analytical and technical expertise in electrical reliability improvement on high voltage equipment and power distribution operations. This position reports to the Maintenance and Engineering Manager, with dotted line reporting relationship to the NW Power Engineer.
This position exists to:
- Provide expertise in the everyday operation of the high voltage power system and rectifier station
- Support [Company], OSHA and WISHA requirements for high voltage, low voltage and electrical arc-flash safety and provide training for plant personnel
- Work with and train Electrical Maintenance Personnel in the most reliable, safe and efficient methods of high voltage and switchyard maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Support and direct electrical system capital improvement projects.
- Coordinate all high voltage and switchyard activities with Operations and Maintenance Departments
- Continually maintain the general health of all high voltage systems including associated relaying and metering and evaluate/implement modifications as required by operations, [Company] standards and electric utility regulatory commissions
- Providing detailed cost/benefit analysis to support recommended equipment maintenance strategies
- Lead and/or participate in plant Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) processes to ensure corrective actions, repairs and or modifications are appropriate and timely in their execution
- Develop and or review the Planned Maintenance (PM) activities on high voltage and switchyard systems to ensure all PM’s are correctly aligned with the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) philosophy
- Define, develop and optimize preventative (PM) & predictive (PdM) maintenance strategies / technologies / quality / frequency to provide the most cost effective outcome for the business.
- Maintain all records and history of repairs and maintenance of high voltage and switchyards equipment.
- Provide reliability engineering support for other general plant electrical systems, including eot cranes, plant electrical utility power systems and substations.
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the electrical field concentrating on power distribution systems.
- NOTE: Recent graduate of BSEE program with formal Power Systems focus could be considered in lieu of experience.
- This position functions as an in-house technical expert on a wide variety of electrical subjects requiring extensive problem solving capabilities that are aided through experience, while also being able to recognize safety, environmental, and reliability issues with the maintenance systems.
- Highly desired that the candidate for this position possesses in-depth knowledge of OSHA and WISHA requirements for high voltage, low voltage and electrical arc-flash safety and has the ability to train other plant personnel.
- We prefer that the selected candidate demonstrate highly developed human relations skills, such as good communication skills, confident decision making, problem solving and judgment skills.
- We would like the successful candidate to be results oriented and have the ability to be work both collaboratively and independently to meet both specific and general goals and objectives.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List