Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
797701 Job Summary
Engineer Lead Advisor
Employer Job Id:
July 26, 2012
September 24, 2012
Engineer Lead Advisor
- The Mosaic Company , headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
- We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Engineer Lead?
- We are currently seeking an Engineer Lead for our Carlsbad, NM location. The Engineer Lead will coordinate surface project engineering requirements using internal engineering and drafting personnel or external engineering groups. The Engineer Lead will also manage engineering portion of the site capital budget and engineering activities of specific capital projects. This individual will function as an advisor for process engineering/ process development activities for Surface Operations.
What will you do?
- Lead and Manage engineering activities including internal and external resources.
- Project Management of activities relating to the design efforts for Surface Operations. This includes project scoping, document control, project prioritization and engineering resource allocation.
- Project related material specification and procurement activities.
- Project cost control for assigned activities.
- Ensure regulatory, corporate and site safety standards are followed through the implementation of safety and continuous improvement (CI) initiatives to achieve results in alignment with mission objectives. This includes workplace behavior observations, risk assessment, incident investigation and corrective action and cause mapping/Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) for system improvement.
- Responsible for communicating on the status of compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate training of area personnel.
- Responsible for conducting audits and ensuring completion of safety audits, lockout audits, housekeeping tours housekeeping tours in accordance with Safety Performance Indicators and Environmental Index.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Major in Chemical Engineering, Mineral Processing, or related discipline.
- 10+ years industrial work experience including supervision with Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years industrial work experience as a supervisor with Master’s degree.
- Basic MS Office, EMPAC.
- Lead project groups, prepare group presentations, and contract engineering coordination.
- Ensure direct reports understand their work and their roles, provide clear picture for employees of how to grow and develop while motivating them to reach their maximum potential.
- Give timely and constructive feedback on a regular and more formal basis.
- Ensure employees are engaged and understand how they contribute to Mosaic’s overall vision and goals.
- Effectively manage performance issues.
Physical work environment:
- Typically indoors and in a consistent temperature.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials.
- Able to see and hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to travel unassisted.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Physically able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for 300 pounds or less.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List