Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
797702 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Uncle Sam, LA
July 26, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 24, 2012
- The[Company] , headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, [Company] offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
- We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. [Company] employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to [Company] not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Maintenance Mechanic?
- We are currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for our Uncle Sam, Louisiana location. This position performs repair, replacement, adjustment, and preventative maintenance on plan and manufacturing equipment. Performs tasks in welding, pipefitting, boiler making, and machine repairs. Must have ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
What will you do?
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing or repairs.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
- High School diploma or GED certificate and up to 2 years of work experience required.
- Technical training preferred.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Proficient in industrial math, reading, comprehension and mechanical reasoning.
- Physical work environment includes frequently working outdoors and frequent exposure to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to lift 25-50 lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to see, with our without correction.
- Able to use fine hand motor skills.
- Able to wear a respirator.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
- Pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List