Ngarda Civil and Mining boasts a proud 10 years
in the mining and construction industry and has rapidly advanced to become the leading employer of Indigenous Australians in WA. The Yarrie contract was awarded to Ngarda in 2008 and is the largest ever mining contract awarded to an Aboriginal Company.
Yarrie Mine is on a long term contract and consists of wholly integrated mining operations including Drill & blast, load and haul of ore to ROM, crushing and screening operations, ore handling and road haulage to the train load out, train loading, access and haul road maintenance and infrastructure and facility management. Due to sustained expansion of Mine Operations we are seeking to engage an experienced Mine Engineer/ Quarry Manager.
Reporting to the Project Manager/ Registered Manager, the Mine Engineer/ Quarry Manager will have the overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of all aspects of the Quarry. You will have a commitment to zero harm, teamed with sound work standards, respect for others and initiative to get the job done.
Your key responsibilities as the Mine Manager/ Quarry Manager will be, but not limited to:
- Ensure all quarry materials and stockpiles meet Australian Standards and customer specifications
- Maintain a participative workforce culture, attend regular toolbox meetings, hold regular meetings with Site Supervisors and conduct site inspections.
- Complete Quarry Development and production plans for the Mine
- Implement strategies to achieve OH&S, financial, production, and environmental targets
Mine Manager/ Quarry Manager Key Selection Criteria
- WA Unrestricted Quarry Manager Certificate
- Extensive practical experience within the industry 10+ years
- Current WA Drivers License
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills
- A tertiary qualification in mining engineering or a related discipline would be advantageous
- Strong OHS&E focus
If you meet the above criteria and have good communication and presentation skills; ability to influence and manage people at all levels, effectively plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines and a sound computer literacy this is for you.
This is a one-time opportunity to join a reputable company and work for an employer of choice, who is prepared to reward you and invest in you with training and career development. So be appreciated for your contributions and apply now.