- $180K Plus super plus health benefits
- Underground Coking Coal Mine
- Great Team, Great Opportunities, Great Role!
Located in rural NSW this mine is a safe, reliable supplier of high energy export thermal coal with four continuous mines this longwall operation has ample coal reserves underpinning the mine's future. An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen for the role of Ventilation Engineer.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for accessing and planning future mine ventilation and gas drainage requirements to ensure business is set up for success.
- Take charge of and be present at any change in the ventilation system of the mine that would not ordinarily change in the day to day operation of the mine.
- Ensure that the quantity of air is measured at points in the mine starting as near as practicable to required areas
- Ensure that the methane content is measured at points in the mine as near as practicable to required areas.
- Maintain compliance with legislative requirements pertaining to all work undertaken
The Ventilation Engineer is responsible for the Management of Ventilation issues for the mine along with Technical Hazard Management Plans related to ventilation. You will ensure Relevant Regulatory approvals and legislative compliance, provide ownership for Hazard Management Plans 0101: Mine Atmosphere and 0103: Spontaneous Combustion and will be responsible for the day-to-day effectiveness of the mine's ventilation arrangements.
The successful person will possess a Ventilation Officer qualification or be willing to obtain one, along with tertiary qualifications in engineering or similar discipline. A minimum of 3 years experience within the mining industry is a must with a proven track record in a Technical Services role at same or subordinate level and a demonstrated commitment to, and successful achievement of business goals and outcomes.
For a confidential discussion please call Melissa Heath or simply apply with your CV and I will call you.
currently producing high energy export thermal coal.