- Housing Package Benefits
- Senior Position Managing a Strong Team
- Excellent Career Opportunities
Our client are a rapidly growing mining and metals company currently operating three mines 100% owned, they are developing several copper and nickel projects which, when in production, are expected to place the Company amongst the world's top ten largest copper and nickel producers.
The Environmental Manager will be site based on site south of Perth and will be responsible for administering and supervises the Environmental Management Plan on the Project site.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:-
- Provide guidance and advice to senior management and the project team on environmental issues;
- Oversee the implementation of all aspects of the Environmental Management Plan and ensure compliance;
- Manage and continuously improve environmental monitoring and reporting systems;
- Liaise with client government regulatory bodies in regards to environmental issues;
Facilitate risk-based environmental assessments;
The Ideal Candidate
- Identify critical environmental corrective actions and opportunities for improvement; and
- Provide broad support for environmental, health and safety risk assessments, including selection and development of appropriate methodologies, facilitation and participation in technical workshops
Ideally you will possess a tertiary qualification in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering; Qualifications in environmental internal auditing. Knowledge of quality assurance is essential and knowledge of safety and environmental legislation, Australian Standards and industry codes. You must have at least five years experience in an Environmental Manager's position.
To be successful in this role you will possess exceptional interpersonal skills and have a proven track record in managing site based teams. With experience in the construction industry, you will have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and provide clear communication of processes and procedures.