Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
798589 Job Summary
Plant Engineering: Designer I
Employer Job Id:
Texas City, TX
July 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 25, 2012
Plant Engineering: Designer I
To be Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
- [Company] , a [Company] company, is committed to providing our customers in the chemical, petrochemical and refining industries flexible solutions for their capital project and plant support needs. These solutions encompass the highest quality measures and safe practices in the industry.
- [Company], offers a full range of services, including project management, controls and estimating, process design basis development, front-end engineering and design, detailed engineering and design, procurement, and engineering support during construction.
- Keeping with the[Company] tradition as a worldwide leader in engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance, [Company] seeks individuals who share our commitment to engineering excellence.
- Prepare layouts and conceptual designs for moderately to complex tasks
- Prepare moderately to complex design drawings
- Interface with other design disciplines for coordination of work scope
- Proficient in 2D and 3D CAD
- Demonstrates knowledge of ISA symbology
- Use the National Electric Code (NEC) and client Engineering Specifications as part of day-to-day technical support of assignments
- Demonstrate knowledge of all types of drawings that may need to be updated because of electrical, instrumentation, or controls changes, including but not limited to P&IDs, One-Lines, Instrument Loop Diagrams, Motor Schematics, Control Strategy Diagrams, and Interlock Strategy Diagrams
- Work proficiently within an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
- Develop repair and construction packages (Job Notes). This includes research, technical writing, creation of Bill of Materials, compilation or creation of all needed drawings, and compilation of engineering specifications
- Demonstrate proficiency in identification and functional knowledge of field instrumentation.
- Generate design and construction estimates
- Ability to obtain technical data and quotes from vendors
- Coordinate multiple projects / job tasks with several team members
- Act as a working lead for Technical Services support for unit Turnarounds (TARs)
- Manage the preparation of a significant complexity and number of Job Notes for the unit’s I&E Engineer for TARs
- Check task force design drawings for accuracy and conformance to specifications
- Perform squad check of vendor drawings and review drawings from other disciplines
- Review fabricator drawings for conformance to project specifications
- Maintain effective relationships with Team Members, PE Management, and client personnel
- Maintain cooperative, efficient, and good team working environment
- Communicate, both verbally and in written form in a professional manner
- Promote and support a high performance HSE culture
- Actively participate and promote the use of [Company] Knowledge Community and other available resources
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
- Two year technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in the industrial Electrical / Instrumentation / Controls fields
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D CADD
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List