Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
798656 Job Summary
Learning and Development Manager
Employer Job Id:
July 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 25, 2012
Learning and Development Manager
- Responsible for leading, developing and implementing soft-skill training initiatives for [Company] work force. Works closely with HR Business Partners, managers, supervisors, and employees to identify training needs and provide solutions that will enhance employee interactions, job performance, leadership skills (where appropriate) and enable career growth. Responsible for curriculum design, development and facilitation of training for assigned topics. Effectively assesses the need for external training consultants, through research and analysis; provides recommendations as appropriate.
- This role does not have any direct reports.
- Promotes all aspects of Learning and Development with specific focus on soft-skill development; Business Professional, Management and Leadership Development.
- Develops and administers training plans, procedures and programs that address the organization’s training needs.
- Will be required to attend “Train the Trainer” courses for certification on specific subject matter.
- Manages external training consultants; develops program specifications, audits programs for quality and relevance; may negotiate pricing.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of [Company] business and anticipates future learning and development needs based on business realities and organizational shifts, making recommendations for changes needed.
- Evaluates existing courses on an on-going basis, ensuring continuous improvement and business relevance.
- Builds and fosters relationships with Caterpillar and external client contacts incorporating their inputs into course materials, as appropriate.
- Drives change management and business cultural transformation efforts to promote a learning environment within the organization.
- Builds and fosters relationships with [Company] workforce, with whom the position relies upon to be successful.
- Develops evaluation systems to ensure that the results of learning and development initiatives are achieving a desired return on investment.
- Works safely at all times. Adheres to all applicable safety policies. Complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Travels to outlying locations on an as-needed basis.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of [Company] Six Sigma program.
- Works within and promotes corporate values.
- Functional expertise in assessment, evaluation, and training needs analysis, organization systems, and internal consulting.
- Knowledgeable in Adult Learning Theory; conducts trend research for best practices.
- Strong negotiation skills and project management experience.
- Skilled at making clear and persuasive presentations. Builds credibility quickly with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity, deal with issues or problems, work independently, drive for results and stay focused to accomplish objectives with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to think strategically and systemically.
- Ability to be flexible, creative and can grasp complex concepts and execute ideas. Motivated by challenges.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with individuals or in groups.
- Thorough understanding of technician skill sets by industry.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies and use of all required safety equipment.
- Must have acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field preferred; or equivalent years of experience specializing in Human Resources, Training or Organizational Development.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in a corporate learning function managing the design, development, implementation and assessment of learning and development programs.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that the employer in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others, which includes any of the following: operating a motor vehicle, other vehicle, equipment, machinery or manufacturing process, the malfunction or disruption of which could result in injury or property damage; performing duties in the residential or commercial premises of a customer, supplier or vendor; working in any occupation subject to federal safety regulations.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in USA
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List