Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
798741 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Rolling Meadows, IL
September 13, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 13, 2012
- [Company] is the second-largest, fully-integrated manufacturer and supplier of construction equipment in North America with a reputation for reliability that’s second to none. We have built a network of manufacturing plants and parts depots with approximately 2000 employees who manufacture more than 90% of all [Company] equipment right here in the United States.
- Our product line ranges from the smallest compact construction size to the largest mining size and includes hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, crawler dozers, off-highway trucks, motor graders, skid steer loaders, tractor loaders and backhoe loaders.
- Troubleshooting Support – Recommend testing and adjusting procedures to Distributors working to resolve Customer complaints related to their machines. Support may be on-site or remote (telephone and email).
- Repair Instruction – Develop procedures and guide Distributors on welding repairs of frames and work equipment, as well as disassembly and assembly of major components such as engines, transmissions, final drives and hydraulic pumps/motors.
- Technical Specifications – Engineering drawings and standards contain critical information necessary to troubleshoot and repair machines. Research these reference tools and share information according to company policy.
- Correspond with Sales & Marketing – What Service Engineers learn when handling Technical Support Requests is valuable to Sales and Marketing as competitive intelligence. Communicate with these departments to help [Company] plan for future products.
- Technical Reporting to Subsidiary, Mother Plants & Headquarters – Document and communicate equipment problems that are observed first hand so other [Company] entities can understand issues and determine the appropriate countermeasure.
- Publications & Parts Review – Use product knowledge to guide our Parts Department on proper stocking levels and guide our Training Department on correct and effective technical manual instructions.
- Utilize available information such as warranty review, [Company] data, field reports, visits, and parts sales history, to determine emerging problem areas on assigned products. Communicate this information to the responsible Global Q.A. Groups and develop action and correction plans.
- Recommend, develop, organize and implement Field Campaigns to provide necessary modifications and updates to assigned products.
- Provide periodic reports on status of assigned products / components to measure response time to correction and overall product acceptance.
- Develop, manage and participate in "D" machine audits and customer surveys to evaluate customer acceptance and issues on new products.
- Service Engineer – Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering + A Minimum of 2 Years of Experience or A Minimum of 10 Years of Experience
- Proven customer relation and time management skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to demonstrate technical detail/facts to all contact people. Proficient PC skills in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.
- Ability to travel as required for product support approximately 10% of the time, which will include overnight and out of state travel. Infrequent instances of international travel may also be required. When traveling to support [Company] equipment, employee will often be working in uncertain and difficult terrain such as active construction and mine sites.
- Additional Information: The responsibilities of this position will be associated primarily with [Company] crawler/dozers, but may also include some responsibilities with other construction machine models.
- Experience in troubleshooting diesel engines and associated subsystems, and a working knowledge of emission controls technologies is a plus.
- This position will include travel throughout the United States. Average travel requirement is 15% of work schedule.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List