Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
798855 Job Summary
Applications Engineer - Valves
Employer Job Id:
July 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 25, 2012
Applications Engineer - Valves
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- [Company] segment designs, manufactures and markets engineered solutions and products used to process, blend, meter and transport fluids in addition to air and gas filtration and dehydration. Recognized for its leading brands and turnkey systems capability, the Flow Technology segment has global operations which serve the Food & Beverage, Power & Energy and Industrial markets.
- [Company] Houston Operation is a supplier of globe style Control Valves and Steam Conditioning Equipment serving both the Power Generation and Process Industries. The Company was founded in 1903 and currently has two manufacturing sites in the United States and one in the United Kingdom. We are recognized as a world leader in valves for severe and critical service applications.
- Researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment. Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Modifies or extends written guidelines do not cover all situations and problems.
- Requires many different processes applied to an established function and problem solving unusual circumstances.
- Work with current and prospective sales representatives and customers to establish needs, specifications and possible product modifications for future sales, primarily through telephone contact.
- Review blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates for client's use of proposed equipment.
- Informs customers of technological improvements and of the advantages to the customer of using the company's products.
- Propose changes in equipment or use of materials which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
- Provide technical services to customers relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Prepare sales quotations and proposals for products, including price and delivery.
- Follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints and warranty issues. Handle quality problems that arise in the field in a fair and equitable manner to both the customer and the company.
- Maintain appropriate records as required by sales management and submit required reports regarding market conditions on a regular basis and take part in trade shows as requested by Sales Manager.
- Four year college degree in Engineering, preferably B.S.M.E., or equivalent; or minimum of 3-5 years’ experience and/or training in oil and gas/ Valve industry.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Strong knowledge of Lotus Notes preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-directed and have initiative
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong organizational skills
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List