Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
798963 Job Summary
Tri-Axle Driver 1
Employer Job Id:
July 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 25, 2012
Tri-Axle Driver 1
- This position is responsible for the safe, efficient, economical movement of material year-round from one location to another as well as keeping [Company] equipment in clean, serviceable condition. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
- Operate tri-axle dump truck safely and efficiently on public highways and in off-road situations to deliver asphalt or aggregate material into asphalt paver, widener, stone box, storage bins or onto stockpiles.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to maintenance staff.
- Perform required administrative duties.
- Perform manual labor such as shovel material and roll tarps as assigned.
- Meet performance and technical standards required to qualify for Tri-axle Driver 1 entry position.
- Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
- Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
- State and Federal regulations regarding vehicle weights, rules of the road and hours of service.
- Local, state and federal traffic laws.
- *Heavy trucks.
- Mechanical concepts.
- Learn and follow [Company] company policies and procedures.
- Properly and neatly maintain logbook according to Federal DOT requirements.
- Properly and neatly complete required [Company] paperwork.
- Work with indirect supervision.
- Must possess minimum valid Class B PA Commercial Driver’s License with airbrake endorsements.
- Prefer valid Class A PA Commercial Driver’s License with tank and Hazmat endorsements.
- Must meet company minimum standards for drivers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of verifiable experience in a like-CDL vehicle required.
- Minimum of 1 year dump experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a shop or field environment with exposure to dust, fumes, noise, vibration, confined spaces, extreme/inclement weather conditions, and a variety of petroleum products.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner's Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h).
- Ability to safely climb up and on trucks and loads and shift gears.
- Ability to work with minimum amount of light on night shift operations.
- Ability to shovel.
- Ability to roll tarps.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List