Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
798969 Job Summary
Low Bed Driver 1
Employer Job Id:
Pleasant Gap, PA
July 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 25, 2012
Low Bed Driver 1
- This position is responsible for the safe, efficient, economical movement of equipment and materials from one location to another, potentially year-round, as needed. Responsible for keeping [Company] equipment in clean, serviceable condition, performing manual labor as assigned. This is an hourly, non-exempt position working with indirect supervision.
- Operate trucks and/or truck tractors and trailers safely and efficiently on public highways and in off-road situations to deliver equipment and materials to job sites, vendor locations, and customer locations.
- Proactively report all equipment malfunctions to maintenance staff.
- Perform required administrative duties.
- Perform manual labor as assigned.
- Meet performance standards required to qualify for the Driver Low Bed 1 position.
- Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
- Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays, and occasionally Sundays.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor or dispatchers direction.
- State and Federal regulations regarding vehicle weights, rules of the road, and hours of service.
- Local, State, and Federal traffic laws.
- Rules and regulations relative to hauling over-dimensional loads.
- Heavy trucks.
- Basic operation of heavy equipment.
- Load Securement as per the North American Securement Standard.
- Mechanical concepts.
- Learn and follow [Company] Company policies and procedures.
- Properly and neatly maintain log books according to Federal DOT requirements.
- Properly and neatly complete required [Company] paperwork.
- Work with indirect supervision.
- Must possess minimum valid Class A PA Commercial Driver’s License with Airbrake, Tank, and Hazmat endorsements.
- Must meet company minimum standards for CDL drivers.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a like CDL vehicle required.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely climb on and off equipment.
- Ability to safely climb up on trucks and loads and shift gears.
- Ability to work with minimum amount of light on night shift operations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner's Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h).
- Ability to work in field environment with exposure to dust, extreme heat, inclement weather conditions, noise, vibrations, and a variety of petroleum products.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List