Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
798982 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
July 27, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 25, 2012
- Controls the sourcing and negotiates contracts with suppliers for $15 - 18 million per year in assigned commodities.
- Shares responsibility for $3 - 5 million per month in inventory of assigned commodities.
- May directly supervise purchasing department clerical or support personnel.
- Identifies viable suppliers for assigned commodities.
- Develops new or alternate suppliers for new and current parts and materials.
- Determines supplier qualifications.
- Optimizes the match up of supplier abilities and capacities with [Company] delivery, quality, and cost requirements.
- Negotiates contracts and agreements with suppliers. This includes all pricing issues. Inventory implications to be a major consideration in all negotiations.
- Participate in supplier related cost reduction or quality improvement programs.
- Responsible for quote file and cost system maintenance, including preferred supplier selection.
- Make field trips to suppliers as required to maintain optimum relationships in respect to product or communication issues.
- Maintain tooling and fixture records for those items placed with suppliers.
- Coordinate or monitor sourcing activities for new product introductions.
- Analyze new part number setups for similarity to existing part numbers and potential rework of current inventory to reduce obsolescence costs.
- Maintain an interface with engineering to better coordinate supplier selection in support of new product releases.
- All duties and responsibilities of the position are to be approached with the goal of realizing continuous direct and indirect cost and inventory reductions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Management, or Engineering, plus 3 - 5 years’ experience in Purchasing or Materials Management or 7 - 9 years of related industrial experience.
- Ability to be an effective negotiator.
- Basic understanding of the technology involved in the production or processing of assigned commodities.
- Knowledge of material planning systems, bills of material, and other computer based purchasing and inventory management systems.
- Knowledge of basic cost accounting principals and an understanding of value engineering and applications to cost reduction programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of current market conditions and business climate as related to assigned commodities.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List