Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
799092 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
January 16, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
March 20, 2013
Work on a $2 billion project in sunny Queensland, developing a Greenfield underground coal mine, producing up to seven million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) of run-of-mine (ROM) coal. The project site is located within the northern region of the Bowen Basin, will use the longwall mining, coal handling and preparation plant (CHPP) design model to mine coal with an anticipated mine life in excess of 30 years.
The role involved working in an integrated team where you will be representing the EPCM company with direct interface with the Project Director (owner).
In order to qualify for consideration, applicants must show a proven history in delivering major mining related projects either in Australia or internationally. In addition, effective management, either directly or through direct reports, with an ability to lead a complex team, made up of project engineers, equipment vendors, suppliers, operations and maintenance personnel.
- In consultation with the Construction Manager and Site Safety Officer develop a comprehensive plan for safety during commissioning for incorporation into the Safety Management Plan.
- Responsible in conjunction with the Site Safety Officer for the implementation of all aspects of the Safety Management Plan relating to commissioning activities or modification work as a consequence of commissioning activities.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager develop a project commissioning organisation structure with defined responsibilities and reporting relationships.
- Arrange commissioning resources, including testing equipment, raw materials, utilities, commissioning spares and agreed manpower from site erection staff, client personnel, vendors, design personnel and the erection contractor, to ensure timely and effective completion of the project.
- Prepare a detailed Commissioning Plan to cover all aspects of commissioning, according to the project scope, soliciting input from client, design, vendor contractor and construction personnel as necessary.
- Develop a sequential commissioning schedule for the project including dependencies and contract milestones, recognising that the shorter the commissioning period the larger the resources needed.
- Chair daily meetings during commissioning to review preceding and planned activities, schedule changes, problems encountered and plant modifications needed.
- Ensure that client’s operators and maintenance personnel receive training prior to and during commissioning to establish an efficient hand over and facilitate commencement of commercial operation.
- Liaise with Statutory Authorities on matters associated with plant start-up.
- Carry out commissioning in accordance with the Commissioning Plan liaising with the Construction Manager as necessary to ensure adherence to existing contracts and the coordination of commissioning with the remaining erection activities.
- Liaise with the client as necessary for the provision of client supplied raw materials and utilities and the co-ordination of transportation needed for commissioning.
- During commissioning, record test results and performance data for each item of plant and the plant in total, compare with design and environmental criteria and report the differences to the Construction Manager and Design Manager.
- Ensure modifications or adjustments made to the plant during commissioning are recorded on ‘as built’ drawings.
- Ensure unqualified product produced during commissioning is segregated to avoid contamination with acceptable product.
- Review operations and maintenance manuals produced for the plant and ensure a revision is prepared and issued to the client where commissioning data needs to be added or plant modifications have been made.
- Review all problem areas encountered during commissioning in conjunction with the Construction Manager and ensure solutions resulting in plant modifications do not affect the overall plant integrity for short term commissioning outcomes.
- Liaise with the client representative to ensure all client requirements within the current scope of work relating to commissioning are satisfied.
- Prepare an overall Commissioning Report detailing all activities, problems, results etc. during the commissioning period and issue to the Project Manager.
A strong focus on HSEC in construction phase of project delivery will be looked upon favourably. A relevant tertiary qualification within engineering would be advantageous but not essential. This role is based in Brisbane with frequent trips to site required during peak construction periods.
In addition to a substantial base salary, a stand-alone bonus is offered. Longer-term career and profit share incentives can also be discussed. Upon completion of the project, opportunities on projects throughout the world will be available.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List