Our Client is one of the country's leading construction, civil and mining contractors with an enviable reputation for quality. With highly experienced teams in offices around the country servicing multiple Civil and mining operations nationally. Typical projects include civil Infrastructure including dams, roads, pipelines, bridges and bulk earthworks in addition to mine site infrastructure and contract mining operations.
Thanks to fantastic growth a new opportunity has been opened up for a qualified and well experienced Trainer & Assessor - Mobile Plant
to join their Perth team.
You will be Perth based with regular visits to site that can range from a few days up to two weeks depending on project requirements. As the Trainer and Assessor
you will report to the Training Specialist and be an integral part of the HSEQ team. You will work closely with Site Supervisors and Superintendents to effectively deliver, assess and evaluate training requirements across WA sites.
You will succeed in this role if you can build strong working relationships and demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience in training and development within the Civil and Mining industry
- Qualifications in Training and Development – Certificate IV Training & Assessment or equivalent (essential)
- Certificate IV OH&S would be highly regarded
- Proven experience in similar role within the mining industry;
- Extensive knowledge in the operation of Heavy Plant Equipment: 992's, 777's, Surface Miner 2500's, Scrapers and exposure to Drill & Blast Equipment including Atlas Copco Drill Rigs
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage conflicting responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to motivate and influence others in achieving training objectives
- Ability to negotiate and consult with senior managers, contractors, employees, unions, training providers and regulatory bodies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a team player that has a passion to drive and motivate others and wants to contribute to the ongoing development and success of the business.
Your positive attitude and commitment to safety and quality will fit perfectly with this industry leader and employer of choice. You will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package along with flexible benefits and a commitment to your future career aspirations.