Salary: £35000 - £45000
We are recruiting a Principal Civil Engineer for one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies to be based in London
The role will involve detailed design of various tunnelling schemes in the UK and overseas. The projects vary in size from utility tunnels to major transportation tunnels in both rock and soft ground.
It is expected that you’re chartered with a relevant professional body and it is essential that you have tunnelling experience and are knowledgeable with UK standards.
Key duties will include:
• Leading a team of engineers and technicians
• Detailed design and analysis of structures, shafts, tunnels including the preparation of work for CAD or geotechnical design as appropriate
• Project management from feasibility to detailed design, including all technical, programme and cost monitoring
• Ensuring that design, assessments and checking of designs are in accordance with the current Standards, Codes of Practice and Best Practice
• Approval of designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures
• Preparation of risk assessments and full compliance with CDM
This role comes with a competitive salary and company benefits.