Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
799519 Job Summary
Area Sales Manager - Southwest
Employer Job Id:
July 28, 2012
September 26, 2012
Area Sales Manager - Southwest
- Plans, coordinates and implements all Division sales efforts at assigned accounts and/or distributor area to achieve maximum product sales penetration, price attainment and channel integrity while maintaining a professional relationship with each customer/distributor.
- This position is open to relocation assistance and will work from a home office in the Houston, TX, area. Travel up to 75% domestically.
- Identify customer applications, products, programs, etc. Propose solution to these needs, then coordinate Division resources and customer decision centers to achieve customer and Division goals and objectives.
- Maintains effective communication with customers on new or revised Division Marketing policies and procedures as well as periodic review of open orders, forecasts, inventory levels and other goals and performance.
- Coordinates and implements, on a shared responsibility basis with Customer Service departments, special warranty agreements/procedures at assigned customers.
- Recommends price proposals/changes, product changes, delivery changes and other miscellaneous programs as needed to meet market/customer needs.
- Plans, conducts or coordinates technical sales training sessions on standard and new products and their applications for customers and /or distributors. Checks adherence to Channel Compensation Resource agreement and insures all training is current at the distributor level.
- Coordinates special program sales efforts ( such as the "Growth Planning System"-delete this) as requested.
- Develops and coordinates focused sales plans to maximize sales penetration.
- Gathers, identifies and reports customer and market information on new or prospective products.
- Accumulates and evaluates data on competitor's products and their market penetration, and prepares reports for Sales and Marketing review.
- Maintains and updates product forecast utilizing customer input and personal judgment.
- Prepares and submits routine call reports, expense reports, monthly reports and other sales oriented documents to the Regional Sales Manager.
- Maintains office and files for accurate customer performance analysis, follow up and good record keeping.
- Manages primary effort at distributors to increase Eaton product market share
- Analyze and recommend changes as appropriate in customer assignments and/or distribution coverage.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited University required.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience with fluid power products OR graduate of the Hydraulics Sales Development Program.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Advanced technical education and experience in hydraulics, systems applications and fluid connectors is required to apply products in a variety of customer requirements in a wide variety of industries such as oil & gas, machine tool, mining, agriculture, irrigation, marine and forestry. Technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical fundamentals is required.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the markets and customers is necessary to successfully accomplish the Division's forecast.
- Possess the ability to plan and has experience conducting meetings and technical product sessions with customer sales and service personnel or customer engineering groups as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the markets and customers is necessary to successfully accomplish the Division's forecast.
- Requires the ability to plan and conduct meetings and technical product sessions with customer sales and service personnel or customer engineering groups as required.
- Candidate in this role will be required to complete EOCS Product Training Requirements in 18 months.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Extensive travel and time away from home and office.
- Requires continual and effective communications with both the Headquarter operation and customer personnel to maintain sales and to accomplish all specific functions of this position to meet Division goals and objectives.
- Bachelor Degree Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited University preferred.
- Product Management level hose certification preferred.
- CFPS/CFPE certification preferred.
- Level:Minimum 3 Years
- Travel Required: Up to 75 percent
- Relocation benefit provided?: Yes (US/PR Only)
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List