Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
799535 Job Summary
Engineer II - Water Balance
Employer Job Id:
July 28, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 26, 2012
Engineer II - Water Balance
- The[Company] , NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, [Company] offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
- We are currently seeking a Water Balance Engineer II for our Tampa, Florida location. This position will be responsible for managing all water balance modeling for [Company] Phosphate operations, with specific recommendations for improving water balance at each individual facility.
What will you do?
- Responsible for water balance issues for multiple concentrate plants in Florida and Louisiana. Maintain updated water balance models for each facility, with regular monitoring of physical pond inventory and calibrations of the water balance models. Work closely with civil engineers at each site to ensure proper modeling assumptions and projections of process input and output in the water balance model, including gypsum stack systems.
- Monitor and/or develop projects to improve water balances. Work closely with site process and civil engineers on projects to reduce process pond water inventory.
- Simulate various water balance scenarios to comply with applicable regulatory requirements (state and federal) and any request from [Company] management.
- Work closely with geotechnical consultants on water balance issues, including consolidation models relating to water balance issues.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering discipline and 3 years of experience in plant operations or related fields required.
- Geotechnical and/or processing experience a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret data in process flow diagrams.
- Ability to understand hydrology matters, including consolidation, heat input, evaporations and infiltration issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel (Boolean logic and array formulas), PowerPoint and Word proficiency.
- Working knowledge of Applicable plant operations software.
- Ability to interact with multiple teams at various locations, to work with minor supervision and successfully multi-task.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
- Pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List