Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
799552 Job Summary
Program Manager Sr. IS&T - GCC
Employer Job Id:
October 5, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 5, 2012
Program Manager Sr. IS&T - GCC
Summary of Position:
- The role of the Program Manager Sr. IS&T is to manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs on time, within budget, and with quality results. This will require the Program Manager to follow established [Company] project management methodologies to plan, organize, monitor and oversee one or more projects to meet defined business requirements. The Program Manager will have the primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking, and managing enterprise projects, and providing direction they require in order to successfully accomplish project objectives. The Program Manager will also ensure appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
- Follow established [Company] Project Management Methodology (PMM) to develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Manage and direct multiple medium to large-scale projects.
- Translate generalized customer business goals and objectives into concrete strategy and tactical plans.
- Resolve political, resource, budgeting, change, and legal issues affecting the program.
- Serve as a mentor/advisor/decision maker for less experienced project managers.
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and manage integration of team members’ work.
- Work effectively with internal and external clients, third-party vendors, and senior management in accomplishing project objectives.
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives and motivate the project team to achieve them.
- Oversee vendor relations and procurement related to the program.
Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- 5 years of project management experience with medium to large-scale projects and management of distributed project teams.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Skilled at requirements analysis and management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communications with senior management, clients, peers and staff.
- Strong writing, mentoring, negotiation, communication and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets.
- Strong integration skills; ability to coordinate all aspects of a project or program.
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to train, mentor, and develop project managers in project management methodologies and their application.
- Demonstrated ability in managing internal and external client expectations on program requirements and deliverables.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List