Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
799589 Job Summary
Accredited Project Manager (APM)
Employer Job Id:
July 28, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 26, 2012
Accredited Project Manager (APM)
The Accredited Project Manager (APM) will have responsibility for managing the delivery of environmental pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for large scale capital projects to deliver safe and successful outcomes. Some projects will require the management of the environmental aspects through design and onto construction. The APM will manage technical teams of up to 100 staff, usually in the Oil & Gas and Mining sectors, with internal resources being drawn from multiple geographies. The extractives industries are primarily developing projects in frontier locations so projects are often cross-border managed through an established base either in an [Company] office or on a client’s premises. Project budgets will often exceed US$5m and be over 1 year in duration.
- Will contribute to the client bid proposal process and submission assessing the time investment required against the desired bid outcome,
- Lead the team to develop a comprehensive project management plan and appropriate work break down structure (WBS) to deliver the client objectives on time, within budget and at an appropriate level of quality,
- Identify, and if necessary develop, appropriate project controls – e.g. contract management plan, document controls etc. – and ensure client and team buy-in/training,
- Establish and maintain an appropriately comprehensive schedule for all phases of a project, including identification of critical path activities and resource constraints,
- Lead the team to prioritize signed off project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines,
- Manage the client stakeholders, team members, or contract personnel to design a solution and establish associated project time lines and budgets that allow for the delivery of the most strategic functionality within the project constraints.
- Manage scope creep through client change orders, internal change orders, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on time line, scope, budget and strategy expectations,
- Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or objectives to the client and to the project team,
- Evaluate all key project deliverable, as well as final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client acceptance,
- Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverable; this will often include coordinating input and involvement from the client,
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
- Project accounting and finance
- Understands basic revenue models, p/l, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly,
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures,
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization,
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed,
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis,
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project,
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices,
- Analyses project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Work with the clients Account Manage to ensure client achieve an understanding of expectations, deliverable, dependencies, risks, and progress milestones,
- If needed, create customized reporting for the client or team with account management and/or team leads, to secure sign off on deliverable or documentation,
- Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders including the project team, client and Partners are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
- Internal project reporting and administration
- Be prepared to discuss project quality, client and team satisfaction, and project success metrics during scheduled and ad hoc project review meetings with [Company] Partners and Practice Leads,
- Track and report weekly on percentage complete, budget burn, earned value, slippage, project effort and duration to complete and other key project metrics,
- Keep an accurate risk tracking document with an associated mitigation plan.
- Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications,
- Determine project roles of team members based on project requirements, time frames and budget,
- Work with key [Company] stakeholders to identify and secure appropriate internal resource,
- When required work with external contractors in addition to internal resources.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships,
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives sharing appropriately on ERM’s CRM tool,
- Fosters lasting relationships with client personnel that deeper and strengthen longer term strategic value to [Company]
- Supports both the BU, Regional and Global need to strengthen project management capability in systems and process,
- Contributes to on-going investment in Project Management skills development company wide.
- Eight to 10 years’ experience in a project management (PM) role delivering environmental assessment & design services for major infrastructure development, ideally in the Oil & Gas or Mining sectors,
- Experience of leading large matrixed geographically dispersed project teams up to 100 team members,
- Experience of running large cross-continent projects,
- Has managed project budgets in excess of US$5m,
- Experience of engaging with external clients and stakeholders, as required,
- Ideally certified under PMI (PMP), or familiar with its methodology. An alternative industry recognized certification may be considered,
- Comfortable with regular international travel and deployment supporting key projects,
- Fluency in English (written/ spoken) is required. French or Portuguese language skills desirable.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List