Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
799670 Job Summary
QC Technician - Cement
Employer Job Id:
July 28, 2012
Vulcan Materials Company
September 26, 2012
QC Technician - Cement
- Perform laboratory tests in according to prescribed standards to determine chemical and physical characteristics of materials for such purposes as quality control, and or product development.
- Complete physical testing on all daily, ASTM and, AASHTO cement compositions
- Make and break cubs for compression strength test of Hydraulic Cement
- Run Air Content of Hydraulic Cement
- Run Normal Consistency of Hydraulic Cement
- Run Vicat and Gillmore Set Times of Hydraulic Cement
- Run Fineness of Hydraulic Cement
- Run Early Stiffening of Hydraulic Cement
- Run Past and Mortal False set time of Hydraulic Cement
- Run Chemistry of Hydraulic Cement
- Run Strength Uniformity Evaluation
- Run Autoclave Expansion of Hydraulic Cement
- Run Mortar Bar Expansion testing
- Analyze test results
- Complete Data Entry
- Communicate test results with Supervisors, and Managers as required
- Retain and Recycle samples as required
- Conduct physical testing of Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL) Samples as required
- Participate in bi-annual CCRL Inspections
- Complete Standard Sand Certification as required
- Complete physical testing of Competitor cement samples
- Be familiar with the location and content of all laboratory Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS’s)
- Complete cement non-conformance reports as required
- Maintain environmental rainfall data
- Submit all work requests using DataStream
- Conduct general housekeeping in specific work areas
- Perform Optimum SO3 testing as required
- Inventory laboratory supplies
- Review and revise Total Quality System as required
- Fill in for other laboratory positions as required
- Complies with all environmental, health, safety & training policies, procedures and requirements.
- Performs any additional responsibilities as directed by Manager.
Perform Equipment Verification:
- Wet Washing Sieves
- Moist Cabinet
- Compression Machine
- Manual Blaine Apparatus
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: Three (3) years’ experience in the construction/mining/concrete industry or quality control field preferred.
- License: Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems, good problem solving ability in a team environment. Must have planning skills, excellent communication skills. Must have the ability to read technical manuals and have the ability to effectively communicate in English, including reading and writing.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List