Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
801618 Job Summary
Senior Estimator I
Employer Job Id:
Santa Clara, CA
August 1, 2012
Granite Construction Company, Inc
September 30, 2012
Senior Estimator I
Since 1922 Granite Construction has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At Granite , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship.
- This position is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for both private and public sector works projects from $50 to $100 million to ensure Granite is a responsive bidder in the Northern California Region.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
- Review drawings and specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in final project estimate.
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid.
- Review “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
- Utilize existing cost history to complete estimate.
- Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure estimated costs are accurate.
- Present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness.
- Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job.
- Develop and maintain business relationships to increase bid opportunities in the local market.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor estimating staff to ensure individual development and Granite standards are met.
- Participate in and/or lead Design-build projects to ensure a high quality estimate.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or equivalent related work experience.
- 10+ years estimating experience
- Prior management experience required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), AGTEK Take-off and
- Primavera Scheduling software.
- Advanced knowledge of Estimating software.
- Advanced knowledge of civil engineering principles
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of (U)DBE requirements
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company , one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List