Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
801622 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 1, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 30, 2012
Since 1922 [Company] has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At [Company] we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship.
- Prepare thorough and timely estimates for public agency grading, paving, underground and structures projects, including preparation of bid documents, written proposals and correspondence. Duties and responsibilities also include management of projects to include contract administration, accounting and forecasting, oversight and support of project supervisor as well as all negotiations and relations with owners / agency representatives.
- Willing to travel to various locations as projects warrant.
- Prepare estimates for projects.
- Manage all required contract documents.
- Manage all submittals to agency/owner.
- Assist in supervision of field operations.
- Perform and attend weekly safety meetings with employees.
- Organization of construction materials and delivery methods.
- Manage costs and forecasting of each project.
- Establish relationships with owner / agency.
- Provide direction to Office/Field Engineers.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high productive environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum 7 years heavy civil construction experience
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated decision making skills.
- Maintain ability to work in high production environment.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent supervisory communication, and organizational skills.
- Accuracy at all times.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Our success is directly aligned with our ability to grow our professional staff so that they will lead and work closely with the project foremen, superintendents, plants, equipment and administration as a "Project Team."
- [Company] is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of[Company] , one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in USA
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List