Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
801627 Job Summary
People and Organization Development Specialist
Employer Job Id:
August 1, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 30, 2012
People and Organization Development Specialist
- This position will report to the General Manager for North America People and Organization Development.
- The person be responsible for the Spokane, WA and Boise, ID offices and will be located in Spokane, WA.
- The People and Organization Development Specialist is responsible for fostering a comprehensive and continuous learning and development environment that enhances knowledge, skills and performance of both the individual and the organization.
- This position will provide guidance, support and coaching/mentoring to managers and employees in a range of people and organization development elements that may include, but are not limited to: leadership development, supervisory/management training, employee development, performance management, change management, team development, and strategy deployment.
- Manage and conduct the training and facilitated sessions associated with key programs and processes, including the PDR (Performance & Development Review) process, new employee orientation, Employee Engagement focus groups, mentor program, etc.
- Assist department managers by facilitating career development, workforce planning and succession planning by analyzing staff capabilities, projecting demands, identifying the gaps between the two, developing solutions and measuring the success of the solutions.
- Assess and analyze training and organization development needs, identify key opportunities, recommend and implement solutions that can be addressed through people and organization development.
- Address these needs through the design, delivery and/or implementation of global, regional and local people and organization development programs and processes that may include leadership development, team development, change management, organization design, and strategy deployment.
- Serve as change agent to embed the processes, activities and behaviors required to foster the culture that will achieve our strategic focus.
- Provide leadership coaching/mentoring to accelerate transition to new roles and to develop leadership capabilities and enhance impact in areas that include strategy execution, managing change, organization design, etc.
- Manage OLM (Oracle Learning Management) including developing and arranging ongoing technical training and personal development classes and courses; tracking and analyzing learning activities and key performance measures for learning programs.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Plan, develop and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Support the implementation of global and regional development programs such as the Professional Career Development Program (PCDP), Project Management, Specialist Programs, and mentor programs by facilitating the nomination process, participating in delivery as needed, and collecting, analyzing, and reporting feedback to foster continuous improvement of programs.
- Provide career coaching associated with the Professional Career Development Program, as needed.
- Establish and manage relationships with external vendors, e.g., coaches, trainers, facilitators, etc.
- Administer tuition reimbursement program.
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, or closely related area. A bachelor's degree in a related field with a certificate in HR or OD and/or relevant organization development experience may be acceptable.
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience developing and implementing training, leadership, and organization development programs and interventions, and coaching.
- Experience designing and implementing employee development and organization development programs and strategies to support business objectives; familiar with concepts of organization development, adult learning, and strategy.
- Strong self-starter with ability to work independently; proactive approach in identifying and resolving problems and issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills, able to build trust, gain credibility and influence those at all organizational levels.
- Able to work collaboratively in a matrix environment.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to create and track effective metrics; experience in developing and delivering end user reporting/analytics; knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to present information in an effective and clear manner.
- Strong training/platform skills.
- Ability to coach employees and managers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a professional and timely manner
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Familiar with Continuous Improvement practices
- Builds collaborative, respected and trusted relationships with employees and managers at all organizational levels, with the HR Manager and other HR colleagues, the North America People and Organization Development (POD) team, and the POD team, globally.
- Works with outside vendors to arrange training and development interventions, as needed.
- Synthesizes and analyzes collected data to make decisions on the training and development needs and make presentations to management.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List