Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
801687 Job Summary
Aggregate Service Technician
Employer Job Id:
August 1, 2012
General Equipment & Supplies Inc.
September 30, 2012
Aggregate Service Technician
- This individual, working closely with the Aggregate Service Manager, is responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality on a wide variety of aggregate equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds knowledge of dealer supported product lines, service standards, and procedures and keeps abreast of all changes in various models of equipment sold and serviced by the distributor
Knows how to:
- Perform basic field repair and maintenance jobs with minimal supervision
- Basic testing knowledge of all machine systems
- Repair and recondition all aggregate equipment components and systems
- Develops and employs diagnostic related reasoning skills
- Assists in the collection of data necessary for efficient inventory control
- Attends local, regional, national service schools and training sessions as requested
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and safe working environment both in shop and at customer job sites
- Maintains and cares for shop tools, equipment, and vehicles
- Completes all paperwork required for jobs
- Maintains close, positive working relationships with service, parts and administrative personnel
- Conducts himself / herself in the presence of customers in a manner which will retain a good opinion of the company and the service department
- Performs as directed by the Service Management
- Responsible for operating heavy construction equipment in a safe manner
- Must have a positive mental attitude
- Has Diesel Technology or Automotive Technology degree plus experience
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Obtains or is willing to obtain a CDL License
- Minimum welding/fabrication experience helpful
- Must have own hand tools, up to and including a ¾ drive set
Additional Job Requirements:
- Works in an efficient and effective manner
- Contribution to departmental and product line goals
- Must be willing to travel as there may be some overnight field service work involved from time to time
- The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents.
- Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required.
- Management has the right to revise this position description at any time.
- The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List