Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
801805 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 1, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
September 30, 2012
- The purpose of this position is tactical and strategic leadership of the [Company] business. [Company] performance is the most critical factor to the generating station’s financial results both short and long term. Therefore, this role is a major contributor to the viability of the smelter.
- This position exists to provide leadership and management of:
- All fuel operation’s equipment and personnel required to supply coal for power generation
- All operational coal mines, coal, and land assets
- Manage coal reserves including land and mineral rights acquisition and permitting
Major activities/Key Challenges
- The fuels manager is accountable for a $100M per year fuel supply to [Company] 800MW power station. The position will insure the safe, environmentally responsible, continuous, and economically viable, supply of coal to the station. The incumbent will act as the [Company] owner of our operational mines and provide direction and leadership to our contract miner. With regard to land, mineral assets, and future mines; the position will manage all facets including: creating business cases, securing funding, real estate transactions, mine plans, permitting, contract mining agreements, legal and all other ownership functions. Travel is local.
- Job Grade is a 19-20, depending on experience and knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mining, business, accounting, or finance with 5 years of experience in power generation, coal, or a related field.
- An aptitude for mechanical equipment is critical.
- Proven financial discipline and business analysis skills are a must.
- Ability to interface with government representatives and community leaders is essential.
- Successful supervisory experience is required.
- An MBA is preferred
- Financial and performance management of operating coal mines and contract miner.
- People, process, equipment, and financial performance management of fuel yard; including coal, coal combustion products, and limestone.
- Short term and long term financial planning and forecasting. Including continuous business and performance analysis of various coal supply and CCP options.
- Create, own, and execute a 20 year mine plan. Including creating of business cases, the securing of land, mineral rights, legal work, and permitting.
- Directly manages a mining engineer, civil engineer, fuel yard group leader, and fuel yard maintenance planner.
- Must partner with power generation, other managers, and the controller to drive improved results in safety, environment, and profitability
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List