Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
801806 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 1, 2012
September 30, 2012
- Alcoa is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. Alcoa serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Alcoa’s businesses as a single solution to customers.
- This position is within Alcoa's North American Aerospace, Transportation, and Industrial Business Unit. ATI produces the widest variety of aluminum sheet and plate products in the world. Our aluminum is the foundation for many products serving customers in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, building and construction, and automotive systems and distribution.
- The Area Manager position will be responsible for the 24/7 operation of four crews. The successful candidate will be accountable for Environmental, Health, and Safety results, productivity improvements, employee development, maximizing the value of diversity, and customer delivery through implementation of ABS principles, including Daily Management, TPM, 5S, etc. He/she will ensure consistent implementation and execution of policies and systems in order to guarantee customer (internal and external) expectations are met at the lowest cost and always with safety at the forefront of every activity. The Area Manager will serve as the top resource of the vertical help chain for his/her area, and as the primary customer/supplier representative for his/her area in the horizontal help chain for his/her respective flow path.
- The Area Manager will work with the Lead Area Manager and Manufacturing Manager to ensure the execution of the financial goals and expectations set for each respective year. The Area Manager will be responsible for planning and sometimes leading Kaizen, TPM, and safety events in his/her areas. He/she will be responsible for coaching and counseling Group Leaders, Unit Supervisors, production Engineers and any other staff personnel in his/her area.
- Setting/reviewing annual development and performance objectives for salaried employees
- Actively participating in the development of departmental A3/strategic plan
- Setting, executing, and reporting 30-60-90 day plans in support of the departmental A3/strategic plan
- Actively participating in the development of the department's annual budget and controlling R&M and other costs
- Ensuring the daily management boards are developed, implemented, and maintained so as to facilitate appropriate focus on the department’s objectives, performance, and improvements being made
- Plan and execute TPM activities
- Control production expenses associated with area
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven ability to lead a team to success
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent working knowledge of his/her respective areas
- The Area Manager will engage resources at his/her disposal to meet area objectives set by him/her, the Lead Area Manager, and executive managers in support of business objectives. These objectives will be achieved without sacrificing respect for Alcoa’s people values and cooperation with other areas, so as not to have a detrimental impact on production at Davenport Works.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in operations management, engineering, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with direct supervision of others
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List