Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
801810 Job Summary
EHS Director, Forgings & Extrusions
Employer Job Id:
August 1, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
September 30, 2012
EHS Director, Forgings & Extrusions
- This position will lead AFE's Environmental, Health and Safety efforts and develop and deploy strategies to achieve year over year performance improvements in key [Company] EHS process areas and objectives.
- Establish and deploy strategic action plans to achieve key EHS objectives and sustainability targets.
- Lead AFE’s Human Performance deployment efforts across all locations and manage deployment progress.
- Direct fatality prevention efforts and measure progress.
- Partner with and provide coach BU leaders and location managers to assist in the execution of their plan.
- Provide strategic direction and tactical guidance to functional plant EHS Leads. Partner with location managers to ensure the development of EHS talent and succession planning process.
- Identify best practices and facilitate the exchange of those best practices across all locations on a global basis;
- Serve as Business Unit EHS representative on [Company] global EHS teams and external organizations as requested.
- Develop strategic management plans and drive Environmental, Health and Safety performance.
- Establish key performance metrics to monitor BU progress against defined EHS operating plan and plan objectives.
- Manage BU EHS ASAT process ensuring process and activities are in place to drive compliance.
- Develop succession plans to ensure top talent is available in critical positions within the BU.
- Provide necessary resources to locations so that identified gaps can be closed in a timely manner.
- Function as a key member of the AFE lead team assuring the integration of EH&S into key business decisions.
- Identify and manage external consultants as needed.
- Develop new and update existing EHS programs as required to insure compliance with Federal, state and intercompany engineering standards.
- Maintain and develop key communication tools to ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of important EHS information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and or Safety related field.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong and demonstrated technical knowledge in the areas of Environmental, Health and/or Safety.
- Well-developed consultative skill in leading and coaching senior BU and location leaders in the execution of their EHS accountabilities and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and assess EHS data and use of it to drive business improvements.
- Experienced in Excel spreadsheets, including pivot tables, and able to perform injury data analysis, identify trends and areas of concern and recommend corrective actions.
- Experience in managing legacy environmental issues such as PCBs.
- Experience with molten metal, associated risks and controls is desired.
- Experience with multi-state workers compensation systems and knowledge of claim management.
- Experience in managing Loss Prevention / Risk Management processes.
- Knowledge and experience in the [Company] data management systems such as IHS, STARs, ViaOne.
- Ability to communicate to all locations Corporate EHS requirements and assist in the development of the necessary tools to facilitate the deployment of those initiatives.
- Proven trainer and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the location’s organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience designing and deploying health promotion and wellness systems and familiarity with [Company] Health and Wellness process.
- Managing and interacting with all levels of the organization within the Business Unit and with [Company] Corporate personnel, and governmental representatives using well developed emotional intelligence skills.
- 15+ years of progressive EHS experience in leadership roles including EHS leadership of a large or complex manufacturing location. Prior BU EHS leadership experience and experience driving EHS performance through across a global landscape is desired.
- Advanced degree in EHS related discipline is preferred but not required.
- Professional certification (i.e.: Certified Safety Professional) is highly desired .
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List