Junior Process Engineer
- Newcastle based
- Mining & Metals
- Career Development Opportunity with leading Consultancy
- 6 to 12 months Contract
- $50 to $60 per hour
- $100,000 to $110,000 per year
- Company Bonus, Super, Package
Our client is a leading engineering company that operates across various commodities. These projects range from prototype development plants to world-class greenfield projects located in Australia and overseas.
They have gone through a period of controlled growth over the last few years and now require a number of Process Engineers to work on a 6 to 12 month contract basis originally
Reporting to the Process Lead, the role involves delivering high quality and timely process design and engineering outcomes. You will help with process designs (ASPEN & HYSYS), manage studies with regards to scoping, pre and feasibility, manage chemical work and plant programmes. To find out more send your CV ASAP as interviews will be conducted in Newcastle next week. Previous Ammonia exposure is imperative.
To apply for this position you will have:
• Degree or and Masters within Chemical Engineering
• More than 2 to 3 years post graduate experience within Chemical Process Engineering within Mining industries
•You will have 2 years experience working on some Ammonia projects
• Effectively communicate with Clients and engineering disciplines to meet targets
• Strong presentation skills
• Capacity to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternatives and refinements where necessary
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision with consistently high degree of accuracy and producing a high quality of deliverables.
These newly created roles offer excellent career development opportunities as well as the opportunity to work with a highly experienced and capable team of professionals.
As part of a close knit Process Engineering team, you will be responsible for
• Updating process design specifications of chemical plants
• Provide support within Design departments, Quality & Manufacturing departments
• Prepare scope for Chemical plants
• Pipe tracing and updating drawings
• Liaise with Engineering teams
• Report Writing
• Presentations to board and clients
• High Mechanical Aptitude