Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
802001 Job Summary
Parts Sales Leadperson
Employer Job Id:
August 1, 2012
September 30, 2012
Parts Sales Leadperson
Lead the Parts Sales Operation under the direction of the Customer Service Manager or Parts Sales Supervisor. Ensure that proper standards of service are provided to EMPIRE’s customers, other Parts operations, and the Service Department. Lead the Parts Sales, Will Call, and cash handling operations and Warehouse operations. Achieve and maintain proper service standards with customers, other EMPIRE Divisions, EMPIRE Southwest, Caterpillar, and all Non-Cat vendors, as directed by the Parts Manager. Exceed customer expectations by:
- Making suggestions and improving parts inventory with the help of the Inventory Control Department;
- challenging the parts sales staff and warehouse staff to provide pro-active customer service and to operate as efficiently as possible;
- developing excellent relationships with internal and external customers; and
- creating incremental sales of Caterpillar and Non-Caterpillar parts by capitalizing on opportunities. Control direct expenses within parameters established by the Customer Service Manager. Ensure all deadlines are met and all procedures are correctly followed. Emphasize safety, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Leads and motivates the Parts Sales staff. Ensures that superior customer service is delivered at every customer contact. Recruits, develops, trains, motivates, and retains a qualified, professional staff.
- Ensures that customer parts orders, credits, and core credits are processed promptly and accurately. Maintains positive factory-dealer relationships.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all products sold and their application, and ensures that department staff have the same knowledge.
- Ensures that all vendor merchandising programs are utilized to Empire’s and the customer’s best interests.
- Controls overtime and other direct expenses within the parameters set by management. Achieves goals for direct expenses as a percent of sales.
- Ensures that customer invoice disputes and other issues are resolved promptly and are not elevated to the manager or director level.
- Supervises and coaches Parts Sales and Will Call employees and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Works safely at all times. Adheres to all applicable safety policies. Complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards and ensures that all direct reports comply as well.
- Maintains a self-improvement program.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with Service, other EMPIRE divisions and branch stores, and EMPIRE’s vendors.
- Maintains outstanding customer relations skills. Sets a proper example of good customer relations, inter-company cooperation, neat personal appearance, and good housekeeping practices.
- Assists with the merchandising of Caterpillar parts, novelties and other parts within the Parts Sales area.
- Performs or delegates the Parts cash handling functions and monthly reconciliation of the cash account.
- Assists in endeavors to merchandise other products and services sold by EMPIRE.
- Assists where needed with the Parts Store enrollment process for customers.
- Must complete Supervisors Academy training and Parts Pro program.
- Must be willing to work overtime and perform after hours call duty as requested.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of EMPIRE's Six Sigma program.
- Works within and promotes corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to work cooperatively with people, and to effectively motivate and appraise employee performance.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of products EMPIRE sells and services, and be able to complete Parts Sales Orders, Credit Memos, and all other Parts Department related documents.
- Must have selling skills sufficient to properly instruct employees in the basics of sales techniques for customer satisfaction.
- Must possess working knowledge of all Parts Department procedures and policies including basic inventory control knowledge.
- Must be able to correctly interpret all Parts Department technical reference material.
- Must be able to supervise Parts Sales operational functions in the manager’s or supervisor’s absence.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and equipment knowledge.
- Must be knowledgeable about heavy equipment industry, customers, characteristics and the requirements of meeting their needs.
- Must be able to execute projects and long range goals as directed by management.
- Must have a good working knowledge of EMPIRE’s Purchasing process.
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
Education And Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current Driver’s License
- Minimum of two years related experience.
- Must possess advanced computer skills and knowledge.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually office moderate.
This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that the employer in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others, which includes any of the following: operating a motor vehicle, other vehicle, equipment, machinery or manufacturing process, the malfunction or disruption of which could result in injury or property damage; performing duties in the residential or commercial premises of a customer, supplier or vendor; working in any occupation subject to federal safety regulations.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List