Senior Geotechnical Engineer -
Mining Environmental Group
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) Sudbury operation requires a Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to support the substantial growth of our Mining Environmental Group across Canada, Australia, the Pacific and South East Asia. We have world class projects underway in the Sudbury area, Northern Ontario and overseas that require the additional support of an experienced industry professional. Geotechnical engineers are required to work in areas of sub-surface investigations, mine tailings and waste rock disposal, water management and foundation engineering. We are looking for technical leaders who have experience working in multi-disciplinary project teams, managing projects, mentoring and training staff, sustaining excellent client relationships and further developing the business. Successful candidates will join a dynamic company of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and environmental services.
As a follow-on to the design, construction and commissioning of their award winning water management structures for a large urban tailings disposal facility, KCB Sudbury is currently engineering major improvement works for about 20 dam projects across Canada, Australasia and South America. Engineering of facilities to allow mine closure and promote reclamation also form a large component of the work of the Sudbury office, as well as waste management and environmental assessment for new mine developments.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum 7 years of relevant experience in earth dams, water management and tailings.
- Be proficient with engineering modeling programs, site investigations and characterization, slope stability and seepage analytical software.
- Have experience in geotechnical exploration programs and earthworks projects.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in related Civil/Geotechnical fields, Masters is an asset.
- Eligible to register as a P.Eng. with Ontario's professional engineering association.
- Have good contract administration and project management skills.
- Have the ability to lead technical teams and provide project strategy and direction to their team and client.
- Have a record of excellent project management on projects of varied scopes.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills in English, and the ability to work with and lead a team of professionals. Spanish speaking skills would be an asset.
- Enjoy the opportunity and ability to supervise, train and mentor junior staff.
- Sustain client relationships and develop new business.
- Be available to travel within domestically and internationally, occasionally in remote and varying environments sometimes with limited communications and logistical support, always with unique challenges.
- Show comprehension and application of strong business ethics and health, safety and environmental principles. Previous consulting experience is an asset.
- Be the best in the business.
This position offering unique technical challenges and great opportunity for involvement in a number of world class projects. An excellent opportunity for an experienced professional with genuine management prospects with one of Canada's strongest consultancies.
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. Klohn Crippen Berger is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies.
From Sudbury, our main regional office in Ontario, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC, Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta; Lima, Peru; Brisbane and Perth, Australia; and London, United Kingdom. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well as internationally). We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Sudbury is a well established mining centre in close proximity to some of Eastern Canada's major city centres. A family friendly, welcoming town with a focus on outdoor recreation and affordable family living, with all the amenities of a big city.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this position is of interest, please apply via our website: www.klohnjobs.com, job number: 970-M12.
We thank all candidates for applying. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.