Fugro Robertson is a world-leading oil and gas consultancy. For 50 years we have been producing innovative and integrated products to support new ventures, exploration, appraisal, development and production activities worldwide.
Depending on their area of expertise, the successful candidate will be employed in the capacity of either Geoscience Instructor / Geophysics Instructor and will be based at Fugro Robertson's Head Office in Llandudno, North Wales. The purpose of the role is to undertake a number of training activities within the Training Department as outlined below.
The post holder will be required to work in the UK and for short periods overseas, on a wide range of projects, for different durations on a range of topics.
• Designing, developing and delivering of a range of E & P, Upstream geology/geophysics courses and workshops both in the UK and abroad. More information on these courses can be found on our website(www.fugro-robertson.com/training)
• Tailoring courses to the clients' specific requirements.
• Maintenance and improvement of all the training materials used in off-the-shelf short courses and longer workshops.
• Project management of selected courses, including overseas workshops and UK based attachment-training programmes.
• Developing and marketing new and existing products and services internationally.
• International travel to deliver workshops and courses will be a key task of the role.
• To attend Training and Development courses/workshops as deemed necessary
• To support and undertake such other functions and responsibilities as are required from time to time and where it is deemed relevant and advantageous to the operations.
• BSc in Geology/Geophysics/Geoscience.
• Significant experience of delivering training courses to a range of audiences.
• Competent user of computer packages, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
• Experience of creating training course content in Geosciences, geology and Geophysics disciplines.
• MSc or PhD in Geology/Geophysics/Geoscience.
• Background of working for an oil and gas consultancy company or university lecturer in relevant subject matter
• Experience of undertaking Geoscience oil and gas related project work
• Experience of mentoring and coaching
Role specific competencies required: (all essential)
Problem-solving/judgment: the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team.
Information and communication:
Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data/information to meet business requirements.
the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction.
(Project)Planning and organising: The ability to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, budget as appropriate) to achieve pre-defined goals, within the scope of the job. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction. Resources (documents, tools, materials, diary etc) are well-organised and up to date. Applies to staff in non-project related jobs as “planning and organising”.
The ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity
possesses the QHSE knowledge and skills required for the job and demonstrates fully compliant behaviour
What we offer
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, private health insurance, childcare vouchers, and annual pay reviews. Our head office is located on the edge of the stunningly beautiful Snowdonia National Park, where there are fantastic opportunities for mountaineering, walking, cycling, sailing and other outdoor pursuits.
Contact person Julie Roberts
Telephone 01492 581811