Salary: £24000 - £30000
Region: South East
An industry-leading engineering consultancy is looking to recruit an assistant geotechnical engineer for their offices based in Guildford. My well established award winning client is looking for an experienced engineer from an engineering geology or geotechnical engineering background.
Typical duties will include:
• The technical and financial running of the geotechnical aspects of civil engineering projects for internal and external clients.
• Detailed site investigation design, implementation and management.
• Design work including shallow foundation designs, slope stability and retaining wall design.
• Site supervision of construction works and reporting under the guidance of senior staff.
Ideally, my client is looking for:
• Degree in Civil Engineering and MSc in Geotechnical Engineering.
• Someone who is actively working towards Chartered Professional status with PTS or IWA certificates being an advantage.
• An understanding of engineering geology or geotechnical engineering principles, also experience of working on geotechnical projects ideally in the rail environment.
• Understanding and experience of soil/rock description, site investigation, geotechnical design of earthworks, foundations and retaining walls and earthwork condition assessment.
• Excellent report writing skills and first class verbal communications skills
• A highly attractive salary.
• Insurances – private medical, dental and/or travel.
• WorkSave pension plan.
• 20 days annual leave – buying or selling up to 5 days.