Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
802689 Job Summary
Specialist III, Material Management
Employer Job Id:
Sugar Land, TX
August 2, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 1, 2012
Specialist III, Material Management
Overall Purpose of Job:
- Under direct supervision by Material Management of [Company] and its subsidiaries (indicated as “the Company”), the purpose of this function is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of delivering value through world-class procurement and material management systems, capabilities, and processes. By leveraging advanced sourcing methods, global market knowledge, and [Company] global purchasing volume to obtain the best pricing, quality, and service for our clients.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
- Serves as the Procurement Systems Sourcing Support Analyst in support of Enterprise Procurement Systems under the general supervision, administration, and functional direction of the Director of Procurement Systems and Strategies, also accountable to and a member of the Procurement Systems Governance Council. Scope is global, covering all office locations and project sites committing funds on behalf of [Company] or Client. Procurement Systems are defined as any information system specifically supporting the procurement disciplines of Contract Management, Material Management, Logistics, Expediting, Warehousing, Material Planning, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Quality Surveillance, and Project and Non-project Procurement.
- Primary daily duty is to support [Company] electronic sourcing system (eRFx) used worldwide by [Company] employees and suppliers. The sourcing support analyst will be responsible for the following:
- System administration
- System training and documentation
- Coordinate with internal users and solution provider on enhancements and testing
- Respond to user issues and coordinates with solution provider as appropriate
- Responsible for security access and audits
- Understand integration landscape and issues
- Serve as RFx subject matter expert
- Serve in a variety of supporting roles on a small team which could be in addition to eRFX support
- Monitor/manage off-shored team as related to RFx related issues
- Limited travel (20%) required with some international locations.
Secondary Job Duties/Functions:
- Will provide first level response to procurement benchmarking inquiries from various organizations [Company] participates in, primarily as requested by the Chief Procurement Officer and / or Vice President of Procurement.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and production support of systems within [Company] SAP integrated Framework and [Company] Next Generation initiative direction. Stays abreast of emerging technologies and trends in the Procurement functional arena to identify possible improvements and impacts to [Company] Procurement.
- Contributes to the definition of Procurement system initiatives for consideration by the function as required.
- Work with small team covering other systems when necessary as back-up user support or take on new system support as required.
- Actively participates in process and procedure development and maintenance activities associated with Procurement Systems. Performs or assists with problem analysis, solution design techniques, and version upgrades to existing Procurement Systems and interfaces.
- Stays current/updated with technical and functional developments in area of specialty through continuing education, conferences, and periodicals, for example, and continues to develop in-depth specialization, if desired
- Participates in [Company] University for training and career development
Basic Job Requirements
- High school degree or equivalent education with 6 - 8 years of related material management experience, or Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Management, or Engineering with 3 - 5 years of related material management experience
Other Job Requirements
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful and possess a drive for results without constant oversight and monitoring
- Experience as a system administrator using a hosted environment
- Special consideration granted to candidates who have previously worked with online bidding systems including reverse auction systems
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List