Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
802713 Job Summary
Ready Mix Concrete Driver
Employer Job Id:
August 2, 2012
Vulcan Materials Company
October 1, 2012
Ready Mix Concrete Driver
- Provides exemplary customer service by safely and efficiently transporting ready mix concrete products from batch plants to customer job sites and unloading per customer specifications. Maintains proper slump (water content) of ready mix concrete. Inspects, services, and cleans concrete mixer truck.
- Delivery of Ready Mix Concrete Products
- Communicates with Dispatcher to receive instructions
- Positions truck under batch plant in order to be loaded by Batch Plant Operator
- Receives written or printed delivery ticket and follows instructions as directed
- Fills truck's water tank and verifies accurate slump of load, makes adjustments as necessary
- Safely drives loaded truck to destination on delivery ticket and inspects job site upon arrival
- Works with customers to obtain adequate vehicle access and unloads material
- Frequently lifts, carries, and attaches flop extension chutes weighing in excess of 40 pounds, re-hangs chutes as necessary
- Rinses chutes and rear of truck to ensure absence of excess concrete
- Returns to company site as instructed by Dispatcher and receives new instructions
- Performs pre-trip vehicle safety inspection and reports vehicle condition at beginning and end of each shift
- Checks all vehicle fluid levels daily and adds fluids if necessary
- Fuels vehicle as needed
- Cleans outside of vehicle to ensure absence of concrete build-up at throughout each shift
- Occasionally uses chipping hammer to remove excessive concrete build-up
- May assist mechanics in vehicle repair
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have sufficient level of education to understand oral and written instructions
- of somewhat technical nature relating to products and vehicles.
- Excellent defensive driving skills and the ability to maintain satisfactory customer
- and public relations in performance of duties is required.
- Must have the ability to clean all areas on vehicle, climb ladder to inspect loads of
- ready mix concrete, hang mixer chutes and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work a rotating schedule with varying shifts and must be
- punctual in adhering to established start times.
- Must have ability to work independently and problem-solve while working alone
- or as part of a team.
- High School graduation or its equivalent is required.
- Must have valid Class “A” or Class “B” commercial driver’s license.
- Driving record must not contain convictions of any of the disqualifying offenses as set forth in 383.51 of the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations within the previous 7 years (reckless driving, DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, CMV Felony, etc.).
- Customer Focus -- Takes responsibility for customer relationships, appropriately represents Vulcan Materials Company on job sites and while transporting product on public streets and highways.
- Communication Skills -- Communicates clearly and listens carefully in an open, candid, and consistent manner.
- Problem Prevention/Solving -- Able to proactively identify and solve problems and enlist the help of others as necessary.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List