Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
802721 Job Summary
Ready Mix Driver
Employer Job Id:
August 2, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 1, 2012
Ready Mix Driver
- Provide exemplary customer service by safely and efficiently transporting ready mix concrete products from batch plants to customer jobsites and unloading per customer specifications. Maintain proper slump (water content) of ready mix concrete. Inspects, services, and cleans concrete mixer truck.
- Delivery of Ready Mix Concrete Products
- Communicate with Dispatcher/Plant Manager to receive instructions via 2-way radio in truck and direct-line telephone in yard
- Position truck under batch plant to be loaded by Batch Plant Operator/Plant Manager
- Receive written or printed delivery ticket and follow instructions as directed
- Fill truck's water tank and verify accurate slump of load, make adjustments as necessary
- Safely drive loaded truck to destination on delivery ticket and inspect jobsite upon arrival
- Work with customers to obtain adequate vehicle access and unload material
- Frequently lift, carry, and attach flop extension chutes weighing in excess of 50 pounds, re-hang chutes as necessary
- Rinse chutes and rear of truck to ensure absence of excess concrete
- Return to [Company] site as instructed by Dispatcher/Plant Manager and receive new instructions
- Perform pre-trip vehicle safety inspection and report vehicle condition at beginning and end of shift
- Check all vehicle fluid levels daily and add fluids if necessary
- Fuel vehicle as needed
- Clean outside of vehicle to ensure absence of concrete build-up throughout each shift
- Use chipping hammer to remove excessive concrete build-up
- May assist mechanics in vehicle repair
- Take customer order changes in field
- Maintain driver’s daily reports as required by DOT and Company regulations
- Operate front end loader to feed ready mix plant and move material as needed
- Assist in maintenance and upkeep of yard, plant and office
- Perform other duties as instructed by supervisor
- High school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience driving commercially licensed vehicles required.
- Three (3) years’ experience driving commercially licensed vehicles preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience driving ready mix concrete trucks strongly preferred.
- Must have valid Class “A” or Class “B” commercial driver’s license.
- Must have no more than 2 moving violations within the previous 12 months.
- Driving record must not contain convictions of any of the disqualifying offenses as set forth in 383.51 of the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations within the previous 7 years (reckless driving, DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, CMV Felony, etc.).
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List