Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
803633 Job Summary
Environmental Engineer I Mining
Employer Job Id:
August 3, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 2, 2012
Environmental Engineer I Mining
- Provide support to the Environmental Engineering Manager to effectively manage and implement policies and programs as they relate to environmental compliance for our mining client. Conduct required environmental tests, analysis and observations. Evaluate results and make recommendations as necessary for maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies. Prepare data to support permit applications, and regulatory reports. Communicate environmental issues to the Environmental Engineering Manager and Senior Management when requested.
- Solid and Hazardous Wastes
- Monitor and create and inspect waste drum inventory
- Schedule and assist with offsite waste shipments
- Bi-monthly inspections of the landfill, hazardous waste staging area, scrap yards, dumpsters and the site in general
- Investigate and report spills to Environmental Engineering Manager
- Title V Air Quality Permits (PDEQ & US EPA)
- Monitor dust collector (wet scrubbers & baghouses) performance
- Conduct bi-weekly Visible Emissions Surveys
- Conduct annual Method 9 Visible Emissions Surveys
- Assist with dust collector performance tests
- Assist Environmental Engineering Manager with all aspects of compliance with Title V Permits including bi-annual Compliance Certifications, annual emissions inventories and unannounced inspections by regulatory agencies
- Storm Water Permits (PDEQ & US EPA)
- Collect, prepare and deliver storm water samples to laboratory according to guidance in NPDES permits as well as the Mine Quality Assurance Manual
- Conduct monthly storm water inspections
- Ground Water Permits (ADEQ Aquifer Protection Permits)
- Assist with Semi-Annual pumping and sampling of Monitor Wells
- Assist with the preparation of Monitor Well water samples for shipment to the laboratory
- Assist with the preparation of Self-Monitoring Report Forms
- Drinking Water Permit (PDEQ/ADEQ)
- Collect monthly coliform and chlorine samples
- Collect annual nitrate samples
- Collect triennial lead/copper samples
- Help maintain Environmental Department files and records including manifests, disposal certificates, analytical results, profiles and the Comprehensive Environmental book.
- Track and maintain MSDS Files.
- Provide technical oversight on projects involving contractors in performance of work related to environmental compliance.
- Interface regularly with environmental inspectors, and handle follow up actions from compliance inspections.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Experience with environmental sampling and analysis or monitoring.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local environmental laws.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences or environmental engineering or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an environmental related field required.
- EPA Method 9 certification desirable.
- Grade 2 Water Distribution System Operator certification desirable.
- Forty (40) hour HAZMAT/HAZWOPER certification desirable.
Required Skills for Environmental Engineer I Mining Job:
- Title V Air Permitting
- Aquifer Protection Permit
- Storm Water Compliance
- EPA Method 9
- Solid Waste Management
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List