Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
803647 Job Summary
Heavy Equipment Operator-Kenai
Employer Job Id:
August 3, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 2, 2012
Heavy Equipment Operator-Kenai
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Operates heavy equipment at locations throughout the Kenai unit business area of operations.
- This position will be a rotational position on the Kenai Peninsula, West Side of Cook Inlet.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete pre and post trip inspections of trucks/trailers/equipment.
- Complete SETA (Safety, Environmental Task Assignment) prior to starting any job.
- Adhere to all Client and [Company] health, safety and environment policies and procedures at all times.
- Safely secure all loads.
- Safely drive equipment to dispatched locations to load/offload fluids.
- Maintain equipment in good/clean working order.
- Maintain communications with dispatch and clients.
- Attend all tool box and safety meetings.
- Operate Front End Loaders, Dozers, and Vac Trucks.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Ability to read maps.
- Ability to follow detailed directions.
- Ability to complete task hazard awareness and mitigation.
- Ability to safely drive and back in congested areas and in severe weather conditions.
- Knowledge of standard DOT regulations.
- Basic knowledge of hauling fluids/solids.
- Must be able to follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as they relate to this position and the work duties being performed.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
- Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear.
- Lift 40 lbs from floor to waist x 2 (Assisting mechanic in lifting equipment parts; Hooking bridle to tail chain).
- Lift 40 lbs from floor to shoulders x 2 (Assisting mechanic in lifting equipment parts; Hooking bridle to tail chain).
- Carry hose (provided by[Company] ) up and down stairs, 5 steps, and drag hose for 25 feet (selected test distance).
- Climb stairs: 5 steps x 10.
- Climb vertical ladder, 5 rungs, x 10.
- Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 10, self-paced, but continuous.
- Repetitive Kneel Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee, x 5 each knee.
- Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 5.
- Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe touches x 5 to each side to assess ability to twist and flex the trunk repetitively.
- This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the job incumbents.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- CITS card required within 2 weeks of hire at applicants expense.
- Ability to be insured by [Company] auto insurer required.
- NCCCO certifications in TLL Minimum preferred.
- NCCCO certifications for lattice boom friction cranes preferred.
- TWIC preferred.
- Valid Class A CDL driver's license with HazMat and tanker endorsements preferred.
- Candidate will be operating Dozers, Front End Loaders, Excavators and possibly a road grader. Experience in any of these types of equipment are preferred.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List